• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

video from nevada ranchers

dmatting

Its neither nor. What is there to apologize for? The citizen were screaming at the officers. Were they yelling? Other then "get back"? Then that some kid decides he wants to go towards the officer? And boot a dog. They didn't even arrest him for it. Looked like restraint to me.

This clearly wasn't some people peacefully protesting and exceeding their 1a rights. They are screaming and swearing at officers and blocking a road.

Failing to see what I need to apologize for.....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

:lol:
He's not asking for an APOLOGY.
He is, very rightly IMO, calling you an APOLOGIST for the actions of these costumed thugs.
You will trip over yourself to defend the actions of the thugs while attempting to disparage the citizens.

From Dictionary.com:
ap·o·lo·gi·a [ap-uh-loh-jee-uh]
noun
1. an apology, as in defense or justification of a belief, idea, etc.
2. Literature. a work written as an explanation or justification of one's motives, convictions, or acts.

DocWalker

What I saw is the man talking to a police officer at arms length and the police dog lunged and made a furtive movement at the man whereby the man used his leg and foot in self defense.

I also feel Primas will side 99% of the time with fellow officers, it is part of the training to see things through "cop eyes" and conform to the "blue line". I don't blame him for it as it was part of his training. I commend him for having the balls to post on here for everyone to see the effectivness of his training.

Primus

I also feel Primas will side 99% of the time with fellow officers, it is part of the training to see things through "cop eyes" and conform to the "blue line". I don't blame him for it as it was part of his training. I commend him for having the balls to post on here for everyone to see the effectivness of his training.

I wasn't trained to see or conform to anything. Its called perspective. Its from life experiences. I find its a value to a group when you take that into consideration. Everyone learns from others. I my self have learned quiet a lot from some on this forum from guys from different backgrounds.

Someone apparently needs to have the "balls" to point out ridiculous notions, assumptions, falsities, etc.

Edit: for example this entire situation. This thread was started to show the .gov and leos in a bad light. Easy to fall for that trap. Except if you actually watch the video you see who exactly started the violence. Someone needed to point that out. It certainly wasn't going to be the OP.

In fact, THAT fact hasnt even been talked about. I haven't seen anyone else post "hey he really shouldn't have assaulted the officer then kicked the dog" or "hey they are escalating this by screaming and swearing like a mob at them".

Crickets..... because it doesn't conform to your training or beliefs.

Last edited:

DocWalker

I wasn't trained to see or conform to anything. Its called perspective. Its from life experiences. I find its a value to a group when you take that into consideration. Everyone learns from others. I my self have learned quiet a lot from some on this forum from guys from different backgrounds.

Someone apparently needs to have the "balls" to point out ridiculous notions, assumptions, falsities, etc.

Edit: for example this entire situation. This thread was started to show the .gov and leos in a bad light. Easy to fall for that trap. Except if you actually watch the video you see who exactly started the violence. Someone needed to point that out. It certainly wasn't going to be the OP.

In fact, THAT fact hasnt even been talked about. I haven't seen anyone else post "hey he really shouldn't have assaulted the officer then kicked the dog" or "hey they are escalating this by screaming and swearing like a mob at them".

No Primus, you perspective powers must be off....

1. I have many LEO friends, Brothers, Family members, and co-workers. I myself have worked in LE and left in discuss even though I know some of my best friends are still working in the departments. I'm lucky enough to know 9-% of the officers in my small community are outstanding and good people. I have also seen cover-ups and officers lie under oath.

2. The video shows intimidation by goverment thugs, it also shows a dog lunging at a citizen and the citizen reacting in a natural way. What you see is a uniform and a surf defying authority. This is what you have been trained to do, I have also I just had a new awareness when I opened my eyes. Out of everyone on here your the only one to point out that if someone is wearing a uniform they must be in the right and the other person must be the bad guy. You have been programed you just deny it.

onus

The video is clear. The dog lunged at the unarmed man who was at least an arms length away from the armed officers.

If the roles were reversed and a poodle lunged at officers, the cops would have opened fire on the dog.

Primus, you and people like you just don't get it. Everyday more and more people in America are exposed to the abusive and unfair actions of police officers and they are getting sick of it. Its time people like you stop perpetrating it and justifying it.

You have only yourselves to blame.

DrakeZ07

It's not illegal to swear, curse, or use derogatory slurs/speech to Police/Law Enforcement, be they federal, state, or local. and Screaming at police/LEOs also isn't illegal, UNLESS they scream 'fighting words' like "I'm going to kick your arse" or "Come over here and lets see whose got the meaner punch!" or other such FIGHTING WORDS. So your point that the group of people swearing, and screaming at the LEOs, as being a 'escalation' and a cause to use defensive weapons/means, is invalid. I'm sorry, but they have a right to swear and scream at those cops, and those cops have NO LEGAL RECOURSE to block/quell the verbal actions of protest.

I could care less about the topic or about what the ranchers or feds want or are doing there, I just wanted to highlight, and point out the fallacy in Primus' post. Sure, you COULD say that you felt threatened by someone calling you everything but a white boy, and screaming at you obscenities and derogatory words. But you have to take it, and shrug it off. LEOs are supposed to be tougher and thicker skinned than us normal people, they have to take stuff on a daily basis, and if you, or any LEO cannot shrug off, or cannot handle someone cursing at you, without you trying to attack, or harm them for doing so, then you/them needs to quit, and find a job in construction, or a cubicle.

Primus

No Primus, you perspective powers must be off....

1. I have many LEO friends, Brothers, Family members, and co-workers. I myself have worked in LE and left in discuss even though I know some of my best friends are still working in the departments. I'm lucky enough to know 9-% of the officers in my small community are outstanding and good people. I have also seen cover-ups and officers lie under oath.

2. The video shows intimidation by goverment thugs, it also shows a dog lunging at a citizen and the citizen reacting in a natural way. What you see is a uniform and a surf defying authority. This is what you have been trained to do, I have also I just had a new awareness when I opened my eyes. Out of everyone on here your the only one to point out that if someone is wearing a uniform they must be in the right and the other person must be the bad guy. You have been programed you just deny it.

Why did the dog lunge? Maybe because the guy was walking PAST the dog to get in the officers face. Why won't you acknowledge that?

Oh and don't forget in the same video people are holding the same man back from charging the officers. Is that what you did when you worked LE? When trespassers charge you and kick your dog and then try charging you again and are held back you just said "I'm sorry"? Why do I doubt that. Or maybe you would and that's why you left in "disgust".

Now who's an apologist?

DocWalker

Why did the dog lunge? Maybe because the guy was walking PAST the dog to get in the officers face. Why won't you acknowledge that?

Oh and don't forget in the same video people are holding the same man back from charging the officers. Is that what you did when you worked LE? When trespassers charge you and kick your dog and then try charging you again and are held back you just said "I'm sorry"? Why do I doubt that. Or maybe you would and that's why you left in "disgust".

Now who's an apologist?

Swearing and getting into someones face isn't illegal if he didn't touch the officer which he didn't. acknowledge that one....

Trespassers? I haven't seen anyone charged with that nor does a federal BLM guy have authority on state property (STATE HIGHWAY).

I thought you might have an opened mind but from your response I can tell you 100% taken in by the us against them attitude...

ps. I wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
What I saw is the man talking to a police officer at arms length and the police dog lunged and made a furtive movement at the man whereby the man used his leg and foot in self defense.

This is what I see in the video as well. I also noticed that the same guy, in the plaid shirt, was tazed repeatedly. Each time he merely grabbed the wires and ripped the electrodes out of his skin. Seems like an effective defense.

Unfortunately this incident, along with others like it, will be used to increase the budget for anti-personnel vehicles and weapons; body armor and riot gear for BLM officers. It's hard to accomplish a peaceful mission when outfitted for war . . .

stealthyeliminator

Now who's an apologist?

The dog lunged because it's trained to be aggressive and its handler failed to properly control it. The dog would murder a man following a single command from its handler. It has no conception of the constitution, it has no capacity to decide whether the protester was right or wrong. You have to be ******* kidding me with this post.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Assuming facts not in evidence. You're free to express your opinion on the matter.... But it's just that, your opinion.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Now who's an apologist?

You are insinuating that these protesters are trespassing. Please provide a cite or supporting evidence, or clarify that it is not what you meant.

onus

So the dog attacked a man for talking to a police officer.

After the dog attacked the man then the armed federal agents attacked the man by repeatedly tazering him.

Looks to me like all of the violence came from the law enforcement officers.

Oh, and lets not forget the illegal arrest of the ranchers son for video recording the LEO. I predict a good settlement will come out of that illegal and retaliatory arrest.

mikeyb

? Anyone else see that dude get in the officers face then kick the dog?

Yea good video. Shows how it started.

Your observation skills suck.

The plaid shirt man rolled up on an ATV. He was told to move it and they had discussion that you really can't hear. The plaid shirt man was in front of Officer 1. K9 officer to the left- who wasn't being addressed- made the first aggressive move, trying to shove the plaid shirt man back. The dog responded to the aggression, and lunged at the plaid shirt man. The plaid shirt man did what he could to fend off an attack dog.

stealthyeliminator

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Mr. Bundy was on national TV tonight. I'll have to catch his side of the story. Seems there is plenty of blame to go around in this fiasco. BLM needs a crash course in public relations and use of force. IMHO.