Thread: Has anyone else had problems with the Outlet Collection In Auburn

Has anyone else had problems with the Outlet Collection In Auburn

So I went to the Nordstrom Rack today to get some shoes and I was open carry because I just came off work and I had my Safariland level 2 ALS holster on (its Big). Anyway, I am trying on shoes when Auburn Police comes up to me. He let me know that they were contacted because I had the gun on open carry. He told me I could have covered it up and been fine but he stated Mall Policy is that there are No firearms on property. He stated I would have to secure it in the car. After he said that I just decided to leave the store. I talked to the store manager on duty and she also stated that the mall policy was no firearms. The kicker was when I called mall security, The person I talked to stated that in the Wa concealed weapons permit packet it states that malls are listed in the areas that are off limits. I had a few words after that seeing as I was in the Federal Way Mall open carrying in a jewelry store talking to a Police officer not more than a month ago so he has no clue what he is talking about. I looked at the doors when I left and didn't see any signs stating that there were no firearms allowed so I am a little confused. What if anything have you guys seen.

That law doesn't exist. It's a bad idea to get legal advice from security guards and cops alike.
    I don't go to that mall because of its weapons policy. Only one I know of that's ok is south hill.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

It's been my experience as a general rule malls in OR and WA are not open carry friendly. It's one of the few times and places I CC if I am going to be in one.

SeaTac Mall (err Commons) has been friendly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    SeaTac Mall (err Commons) has been friendly as well.
    That one is a mixed bag. I've been followed around by cops and security for OC while there.

But other times there have been no problems.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)