• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone else had problems with the Outlet Collection In Auburn

IMChuc9775

So I went to the Nordstrom Rack today to get some shoes and I was open carry because I just came off work and I had my Safariland level 2 ALS holster on (its Big). Anyway, I am trying on shoes when Auburn Police comes up to me. He let me know that they were contacted because I had the gun on open carry. He told me I could have covered it up and been fine but he stated Mall Policy is that there are No firearms on property. He stated I would have to secure it in the car. After he said that I just decided to leave the store. I talked to the store manager on duty and she also stated that the mall policy was no firearms. The kicker was when I called mall security, The person I talked to stated that in the Wa concealed weapons permit packet it states that malls are listed in the areas that are off limits. I had a few words after that seeing as I was in the Federal Way Mall open carrying in a jewelry store talking to a Police officer not more than a month ago so he has no clue what he is talking about. I looked at the doors when I left and didn't see any signs stating that there were no firearms allowed so I am a little confused. What if anything have you guys seen.

decklin

That law doesn't exist. It's a bad idea to get legal advice from security guards and cops alike.
I don't go to that mall because of its weapons policy. Only one I know of that's ok is south hill.

AZRobert

It's been my experience as a general rule malls in OR and WA are not open carry friendly. It's one of the few times and places I CC if I am going to be in one.