Thread: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher in clash with FedGov

Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher in clash with FedGov

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

BUNKERVILLE — From near and wide, armed men are trickling toward Cliven Bundy’s ranch, where the rancher’s fight with the federal government has become a rallying cry for militia groups across the United States.

On Wednesday, that dispute teetered at the edge of deadly conflict, when Cliven Bundy’s family members and supporters scuffled with rangers from the Bureau of Land Management sent to protect the federal roundup of Bundy’s cattle on public land.

One of Bundy’s seven sons was shot with a stun gun, and Bundy’s sister was knocked to the ground; but no one was seriously hurt, and no arrests were made.

By late Wednesday, three militia members — two from Montana and one from Utah — had arrived at the ranch 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Other militia groups have inundated the Bundy household with calls and pledges to muster at the site. Their stated goal: to protect the Bundys from tyranny.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...ederal-rangers
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

3? That's not much of a muster.

Here's an opportunity for them to actually muster a force and make a statement if they really wanted to.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-14-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Deleted off topic personal remarks
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I haven't fed you yet you keep popping up.

Do you have anything to actually contribute to this thread? You know.... about the militias mustering? Or the low numbers? Or how its a good thing they are showing support? Anything?

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-14-2014 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Deleted off topic personal remarks
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

Here's an opportunity for them to actually muster a force and make a statement if they really wanted to.
    Militias are self funded. They don't steal innocent peoples money to fund their own armed gang like police do.

Militias don't have qualified immunity and indemnification.

Cut them some slack Primus.

Another chapter of history is being written, the Bunkerville Range War. Nothing new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_wars

" Range wars continue, just as they did a century ago, between those who have grazing rights and those who do not. Today these range wars pit ranchers, with state grazing leases, against the environmental groups that are trying to restore the grazing lease areas to a healthy and pristine land. The weapons have changed from the cold steel of a gun to the amount of cold hard cash a rancher or an environmental group will pay for a piece of land." http://www.cnr.uidaho.edu/range456/h...range-wars.htm
    Bureau of Land Management policy changes and impacts: "The mustangs' current troubles come thanks in part to another Western icon: cattle ranchers. There are currently 37,000 mustangs sharing public rangelands with several million head of cattle. The result has been overgrazing, exacerbated by six years of drought. To restore the land, the BLM has cut the number of cattle allowed, and ranchers say the horses and burros have to be pared substantially. "If we don't receive relief, and soon, we'll be out of business," Lemoille, Nev., rancher Kenneth Jones" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6884764/site/newsweek/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Good info. I thought the guy just made the term "range wars" up. Thanks for the post.

Exclamation Unconfirmed: Militia Being Disarmed by Feds

Unconfirmed: Militia men are being disarmed and legal guns confiscated by BLM Federal agents as they are entering Nevada near Bundy Ranch.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...r-bundy-ranch/

Also noted on the blogspot: http://bundyranch.blogspot.com/
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Cell Phone Towers Possibly Shut Down

It is also being reported cell phone reception dropped off earlier this afternoon in the areas where the protesting was held. It is speculated, (only speculated) that the cell towers were deliberately shut down.

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...area-shut-down
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

You do realize its not 3 individuals right?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    It is also being reported cell phone reception dropped off earlier this afternoon in the areas where the protesting was held. It is speculated, (only speculated) that the cell towers were deliberately shut down.

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...area-shut-down
    And the 2A is for what? These guys just don't get it, or they do and don't like it. (the feds that is)

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    You do realize its not 3 individuals right?
    Primus won't respond now. His buds in the BLM got their @$$es sent packing, so he can't come here and gloat (yet) about the gang in badges beating down or killing citizens. Never fear primus, your pals will do their worst to see that the rejection they suffered will be avenged. You know -most folks don't understand that LE only makes up less than 2% of the population in the USA. This means for everyone of "them", there's over a 1,000 of "us".

Something those in LE should carefully consider before they get giddy about hurting citizens. A "smart" person in LE would keep that thought at the front of their mind, one would think? Something tells me this thought has never crossed primus's mind.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-14-2014 at 03:20 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Primus won't respond now. His buds in the BLM got their @$$es sent packing, so he can't come here and gloat (yet) about the gang in badges beating down or killing citizens. Never fear primus, your pals will do their worst to see that the rejection they suffered will be avenged. You know -most folks don't understand that LE only makes up less than 2% of the population in the USA. This means for everyone of "them", there's over a 1,000 of "us".

Something those in LE should carefully consider before they get giddy about hurting citizens. A "smart" person in LE would keep that thought at the front of their mind, one would think? Something tells me this thought has never crossed primus's mind.
    Respond to what? He got his cattle back.... I'm ecstatic for him.

He still has a 2 million dollar bill.....

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post

I'll be lazy and use your own post for you.

I've been attempting not to feed you but I guess you hungry enough to ask for food.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-14-2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Deleted off topic personal remarks

Reported

Likely spammer by the name of "presidency" reported.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

No message - just a few photos of the confrontation before BLM pullled up stakes and left.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-14-2014 at 05:28 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Gentlemen, if you please.

Oversized pics and personal attacks back and forth - this is not going to be a dual purpose thread.

Correct an opinion with facts, but leave the personal element out of it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

UPDATE! KRNV TV-4. Sen. Reid on Cattle Battle: "It's not over"

Published: 12:16 pm PDT

"Reid tells News4's Samantha Boatman his take on the so-called cattle battle in southern Las Vegas. "Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it's not over," Reid said. "

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...14I5GhESg.cspx

"Reid tells News4's Samantha Boatman his take on the so-called cattle battle in southern Las Vegas. "Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it's not over," Reid said. "

Translation:

"We can't have an American people who do not obey their betters in government."
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Seeing reports that this whole thing is because the esteemed Reid ( and family) stands to profit from a Solar power plant deal once BLM gets all land.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bun.../13/id/565328/
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Translation:

"We can't have an American people who do not obey their betters in government."
    THIS! The people did not cower and run away as expected. There are reports also that the new director of the BLM is a long time aid/friend to Reid, if true - it makes sense that he would approve these aggressive tactics after only holding the post for a few days. There is much at play here and I think we are only now starting to see what the true motives are, at least from the government side.

"Those colonist can't defy me I am the King" said King George (probably)

" We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. "
    Does that include Horsepoop Harry too?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.