Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pre-VCDL meeting dinner at Juke Box Diner

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Pre-VCDL meeting dinner at Juke Box Diner

    Logistical concerns make it impractical for my family to join VCDL members in their traditional post-meeting trek to Juke Box Diner.

    The sooper secret pre-meeting meetup may or may not still be going on, but I won't go there.

    So, I propose dinner at Juke Box Diner on the 17th at 6PM for anyone who's interested. We'll be there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Prince William County
    Posts
    99
    Haven't been invited to leave yet by the local management, Tess.

    I actually prefer dinner afterwards but if this idea gains any traction I'll drop by for a cup 'o joe and be neighborly.

  3. #3
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Logistical concerns make it impractical for my family to join VCDL members in their traditional post-meeting trek to Juke Box Diner.

    The sooper secret pre-meeting meetup may or may not still be going on, but I won't go there.

    So, I propose dinner at Juke Box Diner on the 17th at 6PM for anyone who's interested. We'll be there.
    Can't do it, Tess. Much as I'd like to be there, the 17th is our wedding anniversary and dinner out is already planned.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Can't do it, Tess. Much as I'd like to be there, the 17th is our wedding anniversary and dinner out is already planned.
    Cannot think of a better reason! I'm glad to hear your wife is well enough, too.
    Congratulations.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    Haven't been invited to leave yet by the local management, Tess.

    I actually prefer dinner afterwards but if this idea gains any traction I'll drop by for a cup 'o joe and be neighborly.

    I presume you mean at the previous meetup site?

    I won't go, on principle. The CEO asked us by letter not to.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Due to viruses and/or bacteria beyond my control, I won't be going tonight.

    I will plan dinner before the next meeting.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Cannot think of a better reason! I'm glad to hear your wife is well enough, too.
    Congratulations.
    Thanks, Tess ... she came through the surgery amazingly well and is recuperating quickly. Sorry to read that the viruses and other bugs are keeping you home tonight...feel better soon.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •