• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leonard is still pushing his case - All the way to SCOTUS

independence

Representing himself, of course. Wow.

What was this?:

"Notice of bankruptcy by petitioner received."

I don't speak lawyer but it sounds like an attempt to bypass some kind of fees?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Representing himself, of course. Wow.

What was this?:

"Notice of bankruptcy by petitioner received."

I don't speak lawyer but it sounds like an attempt to bypass some kind of fees?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

He did ask for a fee waiver .. that was denied.

Oh Shoot

Guess I've lost track. Is this over the carry of the "cased" AR with suppressor in downtown Nashville? If so, he was convicted? And if so, don't there have to be a succession of appeals up the ladder first?

- OS

Oh Shoot

Can't tell from the SCOTUS link, so I ask again:

Is this over the carry of the "cased" AR with suppressor in downtown Nashville?

- OS

independence

Oh Shoot

According to page 26 of the Cert Petition...

http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?attachment_id=1755

...the case arises from the revocation of his permit due to the Bell Meade black powder pistol incident:

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/mayor-dispels-rumor-about-belle-meade-gun-ban

However, according to that document, the focus of his appeal is no longer to be granted his HCP back, but has shifted to the unconstitionality of Tennessee Code Annoted 39-17-1307.

Ah, thanks. I thought this probably still had to do with his TN constitutional challenge from good while ago.

He's right too IMNSHO. Unless the state can decisively prove that the HCP process "prevents crime", it doesn't stand muster. I would submit that the HCP process creates crime, by making criminals out of otherwise law abiding residents.

- OS

independence

Ah, thanks. I thought this probably still had to do with his TN constitutional challenge from good while ago.

He's right too IMNSHO. Unless the state can decisively prove that the HCP process "prevents crime", it doesn't stand muster. I would submit that the HCP process creates crime, by making criminals out of otherwise law abiding residents.

- OS

Good point!