Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: So, I called a place, I know, not the best move... Daniel's Broiler

  1. #1
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690

    So, I called a place, I know, not the best move... Daniel's Broiler

    http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-...union-contact/

    I called, and asked "Is your establishment and unarmed victim zone?"
    Manager replied, "I don't know what that is."
    Me: Do you prohibit the carrying of tools used in self-defense in your establishment?"
    Manager: Well you can't have guns in the bar area and if you CC in the dining room we would not care ..... (something about permit to carry...)
    me: So you do know that there is no permit required to openly carry, right?
    Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
    Me: Okay, my girlfriend and I will find another place to visit then and I will notify others of this wish of yours.
    Manager: That is fine.



    Not verbatim but it's the gist of it. Figured I would share.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  2. #2
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-...union-contact/

    I called, and asked "Is your establishment and unarmed victim zone?"
    Manager replied, "I don't know what that is."
    Me: Do you prohibit the carrying of tools used in self-defense in your establishment?"
    Manager: Well you can't have guns in the bar area and if you CC in the dining room we would not care ..... (something about permit to carry...)
    me: So you do know that there is no permit required to openly carry, right?
    Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
    Me: Okay, my girlfriend and I will find another place to visit then and I will notify others of this wish of yours.
    Manager: That is fine.



    Not verbatim but it's the gist of it. Figured I would share.
    I'm not gonna bother insulting your intelligence as I'm sure you already know what I want to say.
    With that not actually said, manager does not equal head manager or owner. Since you've already broached the subject with them then you should talk to the HM or owner to see what they say.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47º 12’ x W122º 10’
    Posts
    1,762
    So you cold-call a guy and get into a tit-for-tat with him about his rules? That's just rude.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327
    Yep, not the best move.

    Maybe you need to change your handle now.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
    Which could be committing a crime if they didn't have a CPL...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Which could be committing a crime if they didn't have a CPL...
    I don't see how it would matter on private property ... (besides the whole notion of needing a permission slip) ... its not on public land , where do they think that they have jurisdiction?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I'm not gonna bother insulting your intelligence as I'm sure you already know what I want to say.
    With that not actually said, manager does not equal head manager or owner. Since you've already broached the subject with them then you should talk to the HM or owner to see what they say.
    I only made the call because my GF gets really upset with me when a place gets upset with my OC.

    She wanted me to check first to be sure that there would not be an issue.....

    I avoid calling places because it does not work. I did not asked about guns, I asked about tools used for self-defense. I did not want to find out they were hateful after sitting down for a meal. On days that I CC only I remove my jacket while I eat which turns me into OC. I prefer to OC and CC at the same time.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    So you cold-call a guy and get into a tit-for-tat with him about his rules? That's just rude.
    +1

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47º 12’ x W122º 10’
    Posts
    1,762
    I asked about tools used for self-defense. I did not want to find out they were hateful after sitting down for a meal.


    So you were being coy and assuming the guy was dumb. Even worse.

    "Hateful"? That's what the left does to us. Calls us names that don't apply. It works for them, but that doesn't mean we should do it. It's unethical.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    So you were being coy and assuming the guy was dumb. Even worse.

    "Hateful"? That's what the left does to us. Calls us names that don't apply. It works for them, but that doesn't mean we should do it. It's unethical.[/COLOR]
    He had said, we don't want deadly weapons (guns) in our restaurant. If we see anyone with one we will ask them to hide it or take it out of the restaurant.

    I don't want to ask about guns directly, I asked about tools for self-defense to make it about logic and reason not emotion.

    I admitted to having made the call and that it was a bad idea to have called.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    He had said, we don't want deadly weapons (guns) in our restaurant. If we see anyone with one we will ask them to hide it or take it out of the restaurant.

    I don't want to ask about guns directly, I asked about tools for self-defense to make it about logic and reason not emotion.

    I admitted to having made the call and that it was a bad idea to have called.
    There are a few unspoken, but generally understood, rules on OCDO regarding anti-gun establishments:

    1) Never suggest gunbuster signs.
    2) Never let them know their gunbuster signs do not adhere to the format specified by local anti-gun ordinances.
    3) Never call ahead of time to ask about their gun policy, since that might encourage them to form an anti-gun policy.

    We want to make management have to throw out every single armed LAC so at the very least they understand their criminal empowerment policy is causing them to lose business (if all goes well, they'll also realize they are making themselves prime targets). They will likely ignore or not even notice people simply coming up and driving away.

    I understand the GF gets upset, but if anything, the fact that the restaurant's stance is not know prior to your arrival could simply be an indicator that some scouting ahead is in order, preferably with other OCers.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  12. #12
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    SNIP
    I understand the GF gets upset, but if anything, the fact that the restaurant's stance is not know prior to your arrival could simply be an indicator that some scouting ahead is in order, preferably with other OCers.
    I like this idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So she gets upset with the person freely exercising their rights instead of the establishment that is seeking to hinder those rights. You won't continue to frequent an establishment that hinders the free exercise of your rights, but you will cater to the girlfriend who gets upset with you for exercising those rights. hmmmm......
    She only gets upset, with me. when an establishment harasses me over it. (See the WSCC thread)

    It's only on special occasions that she gets upset about a place disturbing our outings. But I think I see your point.... I am re-considering certain things....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  13. #13
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I am re-considering certain things....
    Hey svg, watch out for your bunghole, man.
    Last edited by ()pen(arry; 04-12-2014 at 04:30 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    Hey svg, watch out for your bunghole, man.
    Hey, not that, I am straight!!!
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  15. #15
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    yet she is still your gf....sigh!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    Hey svg, watch out for your bunghole, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Hey, not that, I am straight!!!
    But I'm that hot.......LOL......Not!

    Love the humor guys!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kelso, Washington, USA
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-...union-contact/

    I called, and asked "Is your establishment and unarmed victim zone?"
    Manager replied, "I don't know what that is."
    Me: Do you prohibit the carrying of tools used in self-defense in your establishment?"
    Manager: Well you can't have guns in the bar area and if you CC in the dining room we would not care ..... (something about permit to carry...)
    me: So you do know that there is no permit required to openly carry, right?
    Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
    Me: Okay, my girlfriend and I will find another place to visit then and I will notify others of this wish of yours.
    Manager: That is fine.



    Not verbatim but it's the gist of it. Figured I would share.

    Are you the same guy that's been calling other establishments? If so, for all our sake: STOP IT! If I want to find out first hand I will, but I don't need you or anyone else needing the feel to call ahead and ruin it potentially everyone else that carries. It's no one's business if we carry or not, and I would ask that you just stop while you're ahead if you're going to think of other places to ask.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Are you the same guy that's been calling other establishments? If so, for all our sake: STOP IT! If I want to find out first hand I will, but I don't need you or anyone else needing the feel to call ahead and ruin it potentially everyone else that carries. It's no one's business if we carry or not, and I would ask that you just stop while you're ahead if you're going to think of other places to ask.
    But he did it so his girlfriend doesn't yell at him....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  19. #19
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Are you the same guy that's been calling other establishments? If so, for all our sake: STOP IT! If I want to find out first hand I will, but I don't need you or anyone else needing the feel to call ahead and ruin it potentially everyone else that carries. It's no one's business if we carry or not, and I would ask that you just stop while you're ahead if you're going to think of other places to ask.
    First time, likely only time.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  20. #20
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I don't see how it would matter on private property ... (besides the whole notion of needing a permission slip) ... its not on public land , where do they think that they have jurisdiction?
    It would matter because the exemption for concealed carry without a CPL is for your own property, not property owned by anyone else.

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    It would matter because the exemption for concealed carry without a CPL is for your own property, not property owned by anyone else.
    I still don't understand where the state thinks they have the authority to set rules for carry on any private property.

    I know the law...where is the authority to make that law.

    It gets broken every time I go and get a hair cut.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom1man View Post
    i like this idea.



    She only gets upset, with me. When an establishment harasses me over it. (see the wscc thread)

    it's only on special occasions that she gets upset about a place disturbing our outings. But i think i see your point.... I am re-considering certain things....
    meow---meow---meow:d

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •