• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, I called a place, I know, not the best move... Daniel's Broiler

Freedom1Man

http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/daniels-broiler-lake-union-contact/

I called, and asked "Is your establishment and unarmed victim zone?"
Manager replied, "I don't know what that is."
Me: Do you prohibit the carrying of tools used in self-defense in your establishment?"
Manager: Well you can't have guns in the bar area and if you CC in the dining room we would not care ..... (something about permit to carry...)
me: So you do know that there is no permit required to openly carry, right?
Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
Me: Okay, my girlfriend and I will find another place to visit then and I will notify others of this wish of yours.
Manager: That is fine.

Not verbatim but it's the gist of it. Figured I would share.

decklin

http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/daniels-broiler-lake-union-contact/

Me: Do you prohibit the carrying of tools used in self-defense in your establishment?"
Manager: Well you can't have guns in the bar area and if you CC in the dining room we would not care ..... (something about permit to carry...)
Manager: If we saw someone carrying we would ask them to cover it up, put it in their car, or backpack...
Me: Okay, my girlfriend and I will find another place to visit then and I will notify others of this wish of yours.

I'm not gonna bother insulting your intelligence as I'm sure you already know what I want to say.
With that not actually said, manager does not equal head manager or owner. Since you've already broached the subject with them then you should talk to the HM or owner to see what they say.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Which could be committing a crime if they didn't have a CPL...

I don't see how it would matter on private property ... (besides the whole notion of needing a permission slip) ... its not on public land , where do they think that they have jurisdiction?

Freedom1Man

I'm not gonna bother insulting your intelligence as I'm sure you already know what I want to say.
With that not actually said, manager does not equal head manager or owner. Since you've already broached the subject with them then you should talk to the HM or owner to see what they say.

I only made the call because my GF gets really upset with me when a place gets upset with my OC.

She wanted me to check first to be sure that there would not be an issue.....

I avoid calling places because it does not work. I did not asked about guns, I asked about tools used for self-defense. I did not want to find out they were hateful after sitting down for a meal. On days that I CC only I remove my jacket while I eat which turns me into OC. I prefer to OC and CC at the same time.

deanf

I asked about tools used for self-defense. I did not want to find out they were hateful after sitting down for a meal.

So you were being coy and assuming the guy was dumb. Even worse.

"Hateful"? That's what the left does to us. Calls us names that don't apply. It works for them, but that doesn't mean we should do it. It's unethical.

Freedom1Man

So you were being coy and assuming the guy was dumb. Even worse.

"Hateful"? That's what the left does to us. Calls us names that don't apply. It works for them, but that doesn't mean we should do it. It's unethical.[/COLOR]

He had said, we don't want deadly weapons (guns) in our restaurant. If we see anyone with one we will ask them to hide it or take it out of the restaurant.

I don't want to ask about guns directly, I asked about tools for self-defense to make it about logic and reason not emotion.

I admitted to having made the call and that it was a bad idea to have called.

Rusty Young Man

He had said, we don't want deadly weapons (guns) in our restaurant. If we see anyone with one we will ask them to hide it or take it out of the restaurant.

I don't want to ask about guns directly, I asked about tools for self-defense to make it about logic and reason not emotion.

I admitted to having made the call and that it was a bad idea to have called.

There are a few unspoken, but generally understood, rules on OCDO regarding anti-gun establishments:

1) Never suggest gunbuster signs.
2) Never let them know their gunbuster signs do not adhere to the format specified by local anti-gun ordinances.
3) Never call ahead of time to ask about their gun policy, since that might encourage them to form an anti-gun policy.

We want to make management have to throw out every single armed LAC so at the very least they understand their criminal empowerment policy is causing them to lose business (if all goes well, they'll also realize they are making themselves prime targets). They will likely ignore or not even notice people simply coming up and driving away.

I understand the GF gets upset, but if anything, the fact that the restaurant's stance is not know prior to your arrival could simply be an indicator that some scouting ahead is in order, preferably with other OCers.:cool:

Freedom1Man

SNIP
I understand the GF gets upset, but if anything, the fact that the restaurant's stance is not know prior to your arrival could simply be an indicator that some scouting ahead is in order, preferably with other OCers.:cool:

I like this idea.

So she gets upset with the person freely exercising their rights instead of the establishment that is seeking to hinder those rights. You won't continue to frequent an establishment that hinders the free exercise of your rights, but you will cater to the girlfriend who gets upset with you for exercising those rights. hmmmm......

She only gets upset, with me. when an establishment harasses me over it. (See the WSCC thread)

It's only on special occasions that she gets upset about a place disturbing our outings. But I think I see your point.... I am re-considering certain things....

tannerwaterbury

Are you the same guy that's been calling other establishments? If so, for all our sake: STOP IT! If I want to find out first hand I will, but I don't need you or anyone else needing the feel to call ahead and ruin it potentially everyone else that carries. It's no one's business if we carry or not, and I would ask that you just stop while you're ahead if you're going to think of other places to ask.

Primus

Are you the same guy that's been calling other establishments? If so, for all our sake: STOP IT! If I want to find out first hand I will, but I don't need you or anyone else needing the feel to call ahead and ruin it potentially everyone else that carries. It's no one's business if we carry or not, and I would ask that you just stop while you're ahead if you're going to think of other places to ask.

But he did it so his girlfriend doesn't yell at him....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

First time, likely only time.

Difdi

I don't see how it would matter on private property ... (besides the whole notion of needing a permission slip) ... its not on public land , where do they think that they have jurisdiction?

It would matter because the exemption for concealed carry without a CPL is for your own property, not property owned by anyone else.