• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry friendly businesses

Kevin Gibbs

Can anyone recommend an open carry friendly grocery store and pharmacy in and/or around Hamilton, Ohio? Call me uptight but I choose not to give non CCW and OC business my business.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

Open carry has been legal in Ohio since 1803.

If there is no gunbuster sign posted, they should be friendly.

If some anti-gunner complains about you to management, expect management to ask you to cover, store or leave (cover it if you have a CHL, store it in your car and return, or just leave). If this happens, do not argue, just leave. (Occasionally, the manager will be on your side, but it's rare)

I recommend leaving (NOT completing your purchase), going somewhere more friendly to do your shopping, then calling the regional or district manager for the first store and letting them know what happened and how much you spent at their competitor. Offer to fax or email a copy of the receipt.

Kevin Gibbs

And one final question. Is it safe to assume that unless a customer complains to management or an employee complains to management, I can go on about my business? (IE: an employee can't tell me to leave?) I would venture to guess that would be why a store has management instead of just a bunch of employees on the same level of the corporate ladder.

As fair as I know Walmart, which is where I have been shopping for years but only recently switched my pharmacy to them, follows the state law so walmart should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyWifeSaidYes

No.

Any agent of the owner can ask you to leave. That could be the manager, the security guard or even the janitor.

If you think the person asking you to leave does NOT have the authority to do so, leave anyway.

Store your gun in your vehicle, then come back and discuss the matter (unless they told you not to return).