• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A sign at the entrance gate to the Great Lawn restricts concealed weapons

outlaw13

Cops didn't put it there.....thunder officials didn't put it there. YEA RIGHT. Some from Louisville should just go take the sign down. Bet we'll find out in a big hurry who put it up.
2000 volunteers to enforce whats allowed. 2000 unpaid people who just want a little bit of power an authority if only for one night. I think I'm going to puke.

outlaw13

Nope not done yet. It won't be enforced for those that have a permit. This is nothing more than a play on words Carring concealed in KY without a permit is illegal. But carrying with a permit is legal. There is nothing for them to enforce. Signs have no "Rule of Law". And they can't ban concealed carry with a permit. That's why the fairgrounds had to pull there enforcement of the no gun ban. THE BEST PART Our tax Dollars paid for that sign somehow.

aadvark

So as long as You are Physically Present on Public Property, other than that of a Primary or Secondary School, it is Legal to either: 1. Openly Carry, OR 2. Concealed Carry with a Permit; in Kentucky. Said Conduct is Legal and Preempted under KRS 65.870.

Officials and Volunteers with The 'Thunder' Event cannot Sidestep The Law of The Commonwealth of Kentucky.

LinemansWifeXD9

We saw the sign on more than one gate... NOT all of them tho - which was weird.

We were Open Carry... Never once got a look or question.