Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Gun control bullies and uneducated dispatchers

  1. #1
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318

    Gun control bullies and uneducated dispatchers

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbBX9Oms9A

    Moms Demand Action has instructed their members to always call 911 any time they see someone in public carrying a firearm openly and to tell the dispatcher that they are alarmed. This sort of advocation and activity only serves to confirm revealing reports about the psych and mentality of these malicious gun control advocates.
    Advocate freedom please

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    In some jurisdictions abuse of the 911 system is not permitted.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    In almost all places filing a false report is a crime.

    Its CGS Sec. 53a-180 in my state ...

    http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/ch...tm#sec_53a-180
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-13-2014 at 04:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    It could easily be to the detriment of society, because the police might not react to actual, real reports of suspicious activity, but it could work out to our personal favor quite easily.

    Some police officers absolutely love the two or three 'MWAG' calls they get every year. They get a chance to look brave and just maybe there's a chance to shoot someone or put somebody in jail. Now you up that to two or three calls a month, or even a week, and each time it's not a gang banger or a felon but just somebody minding his own business with a legal item on his belt behaving legally. I ask ya, Where's da fun in that???

    When I first started openly carrying in my little podunk town, one of the deputies warned me that if I wanted to "play that game", they were going to respond each time, every time, with as many officers as they could round up any time a 'concerned citizen' called to report a man with a gun. I just asked how next Tuesday at about 3 O'clock sounded, did they want to pencil me in?
    They thought it was all going to be just fun and games, until they realized they were the ones being played.

    It wasn't long before the novelty wore off, one deputy posting in an online forum wrote, "Yeah, we know who he is, we have his description and his tag number. We don't even respond anymore." = = = As them 'not responding' was exactly the point of the exercise, I'll have to take that as a win on the part of openly carrying.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 04-13-2014 at 04:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    It could easily be to the detriment of society, because the police might not react to actual, real reports of suspicious activity, but it could work out to our personal favor quite easily.

    Some police officers absolutely love the two or three 'MWAG' calls they get every year. They get a chance to look brave and just maybe there's a chance to shoot someone or put somebody in jail. Now you up that to two or three calls a month, or even a week, and each time it's not a gang banger or a felon but just somebody minding his own business with a legal item on his belt behaving legally. [I]I ask ya, Where's da fun in that???.

    Also, to add, what MAD is advocating for is dangerous. First it takes away a police officer from handling real crimes. Second, police are hyped up when they arrive on scene and in all the excitement, might lead to an accidental shooting. Third, keep in mind that as cops are racing to the scene, they are also rushing through traffic and with that comes a higher risk of auto accidents.

    Open carry is legal in Oklahoma and the local police officers already said that if you are following the law, they are not going to mess with you. If they get a call and find out that the MWAG is a guy out having dinner with his family, they will come down hard on the person that made the call.

  6. #6
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by jc79 View Post
    Also, to add, what MAD is advocating for is dangerous. First it takes away a police officer from handling real crimes. Second, police are hyped up when they arrive on scene and in all the excitement, might lead to an accidental shooting. Third, keep in mind that as cops are racing to the scene, they are also rushing through traffic and with that comes a higher risk of auto accidents.

    Open carry is legal in Oklahoma and the local police officers already said that if you are following the law, they are not going to mess with you. If they get a call and find out that the MWAG is a guy out having dinner with his family, they will come down hard on the person that made the call.
    You are absolutely right, it does create many safety risks. I am glad that your local LEOs have that policy to condemn citizens making MWAG calls for legal open carry.
    Advocate freedom please

  7. #7
    Regular Member cirrusly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbBX9Oms9A

    Moms Demand Action has instructed their members to always call 911 any time they see someone in public carrying a firearm openly and to tell the dispatcher that they are alarmed. This sort of advocation and activity only serves to confirm revealing reports about the psych and mentality of these malicious gun control advocates.
    The dispatcher didn't help the situation. If anything she encouraged such behavior by telling the caller next time to use "911" instead of the non-emergency number.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

  8. #8
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    The dispatcher didn't help the situation. If anything she encouraged such behavior by telling the caller next time to use "911" instead of the non-emergency number.
    You are exactly right. That dispatcher (whoever answer the phone since it was non-emergency line apparently) needs to be re-trained, or disciplined if it was intentional.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 04-13-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  9. #9
    Regular Member Preyn2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Burnet, Tx
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    You are exactly right. That dispatcher (whoever answer the phone since it was non-emergency line apparently) needs to be re-trained, or disciplined if it was intentional.
    Not necessarily correct. In many places, if you dial the non-emergency number to the local dispatch office, they don't have any way of determining the call-back number, location, etc., of the caller.

    If, however, the caller dials 911, the dispatcher should (except in the most painfully underequipped rural jurisdictions) immediately receive a host of information about the caller: call-back number, physical location of the phone (if it's a land-line, and it's coming soon even for cell phone callers), and probably a recording of the call.

    Therefore, if the police find the MWAG actually MHOB (Minding His Own Business), the cops theoretically have a mechanism for tracking the caller down for their own re-education.

    Separate subject: Thanks for running this site. Love it.

    phil

  10. #10
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbBX9Oms9A

    Moms Demand Action has instructed their members to always call 911 any time they see someone in public carrying a firearm openly and to tell the dispatcher that they are alarmed. This sort of advocation and activity only serves to confirm revealing reports about the psych and mentality of these malicious gun control advocates.
    The woman state that the GUNS themselves are threatening. So she feels illogical fear of an inanimate object, and assigns living traits (threatening is a verb). That would be enough for me to have her thrown in the loonie-bin.

    Seriously though, the "dispatcher" (seeing as she did end up dispatching at least one officer to the walkers) should be trained on use of judgment as well as what constitutes a REAL threat vs. what was so obviously a small gathering of Freedom-loving individuals who were trying to promote awareness.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near Lapeer (Hadley), Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932
    Mad moms against guns also claims that the information about the 911 caller is available to anyone through a FOIA request. They claim that "gun nuts" are obtaining the 911 callers information and the angry moms want that data kept secret.

    I have obtained several foia requests and they often contain the name, phone number, and address of the caller plus an audio recording of the call. I've never used this information for any purpose but it makes me think twice about the information I may choose to share with a 911 operator should the need arise.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

    I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Will these "mothers" also report women who are carrying in the presence of their children? You know, actual mothers?
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by jc79 View Post
    Also, to add, what MAD is advocating for is dangerous. First it takes away a police officer from handling real crimes. Second, police are hyped up when they arrive on scene and in all the excitement, might lead to an accidental shooting. Third, keep in mind that as cops are racing to the scene, they are also rushing through traffic and with that comes a higher risk of auto accidents.

    Open carry is legal in Oklahoma and the local police officers already said that if you are following the law, they are not going to mess with you. If they get a call and find out that the MWAG is a guy out having dinner with his family, they will come down hard on the person that made the call.
    Burn phones.

    FOIA the MWAG call and then file charges. Flood the local prosecutor and cops with these charges and the dingbats may be taught a lesson in civility.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  14. #14
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    Mad moms against guns also claims that the information about the 911 caller is available to anyone through a FOIA request. They claim that "gun nuts" are obtaining the 911 callers information and the angry moms want that data kept secret.

    I have obtained several foia requests and they often contain the name, phone number, and address of the caller plus an audio recording of the call. I've never used this information for any purpose but it makes me think twice about the information I may choose to share with a 911 operator should the need arise.
    It will suck to be them if they place unwarranted 911 calls and are then prosecuted. Abuse of the 911 system is a crime.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  15. #15
    Regular Member cirrusly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    It will suck to be them if they place unwarranted 911 calls and are then prosecuted. Abuse of the 911 system is a crime.
    Could an individual bring a civil suit against another civilian for abusing the 911 system? If so- that would be a great approach to get the "moms demand danger" group under control.

    Say, the OCer who was "called on" could file a FOIA then sue the callers.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

  16. #16
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Abuse of 911 system doesn't seem to fit:
    Sec. 42.061. SILENT OR ABUSIVE CALLS TO 9-1-1 SERVICE. (a) In this section "9-1-1 service" and "public safety answering point" or "PSAP" have the meanings assigned by Section 771.001, Health and Safety Code.

    (b) A person commits an offense if the person makes a call to a 9-1-1 service, or requests 9-1-1 service using an electronic communications device, when there is not an emergency and knowingly or intentionally:

    (1) remains silent; or

    (2) makes abusive or harassing statements to a PSAP employee.

    (c) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly permits an electronic communications device, including a telephone, under the person's control to be used by another person in a manner described in Subsection (b).

    (d) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
    But this does, which is a class A misdemeanor as opposed to the class B misdemeanor above:

    Sec. 42.06. FALSE ALARM OR REPORT. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly initiates, communicates or circulates a report of a present, past, or future bombing, fire, offense, or other emergency that he knows is false or baseless and that would ordinarily:

    (1) cause action by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

    (2) place a person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury; or

    (3) prevent or interrupt the occupation of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, or aircraft, automobile, or other mode of conveyance.

    (b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless the false report is of an emergency involving a public or private institution of higher education or involving a public primary or secondary school, public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service, in which event the offense is a state jail felony.
    Edit: You might have to prove that they knew the activity was legal, not sure. Course, this would be for criminal prosecution, not for a civil case. I don't know what it'd take to make civil action against them.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-02-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  17. #17
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    The second "offense" by the same person would likely be the tripwire to initiate a criminal complaint. As such, that second call would make a civil suit almost a slam dunk.

    Though, I'll bet you a dollar that the anti-gun crowd knows that OC is lawful, where it is lawful. When has lawfulness been a impediment to LE when responding to a MWAG call.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  18. #18
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The second "offense" by the same person would likely be the tripwire to initiate a criminal complaint. As such, that second call would make a civil suit almost a slam dunk.

    Though, I'll bet you a dollar that the anti-gun crowd knows that OC is lawful, where it is lawful. When has lawfulness been a impediment to LE when responding to a MWAG call.
    They do. MDA encourages their members to maliciously call 911 and report specifically that they're alarmed, using that particular term as to try and conflate OC with disorderly conduct in the minds of the dispatchers and responding officers. They know full well that it's lawful activity, but they don't like it, so they're going to do everything they can to harass. In those cases it's clearly false alarm or report.

    What's funny is that there are certain police chiefs who will tell you the same thing - to call 911 any time you see someone in public with a firearm. They're the kind of police chiefs that go hang out at the MDA counter-protest booth when there is a big pro-gun rally. cougharlingtoncough The chief is nearly the MDA's only visitor, lol.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-03-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    They do. MDA encourages their members to maliciously call 911 and report specifically that they're alarmed, using that particular term as to try and conflate OC with disorderly conduct in the minds of the dispatchers and responding officers [ ... ]
    Conflate or confuse? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflate
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  20. #20
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I don't see how conflate would be incorrect. They try to make it appear as if our lawful carry is the same as disorderly conduct, ie. they're trying to combine two separate acts/ideas. But I could be wrong. Confuse probably works just as well or better.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-03-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  21. #21
    Regular Member half_life1052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    271

    Not to be the English poice

    The word conflate is correctly used in this instance. I like the FOIA and sue game plan to solve this obvious gaming of the system.

  22. #22
    Regular Member half_life1052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    271
    ^^Police (sticky keys drive me insane)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Elm Creek Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the county.
    Posts
    212
    The 911 dispatchers in Tulsa received training on how to handle MWAG calls before open carry took effect.

    "What kind of gun is it?"

    "What is he doing with the gun?"

    "He's just carrying the gun in a holster and walking down the street?"

    " That's legal in Oklahoma."

    Sent from my little slice of Heaven.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

    " A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

    "The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

  24. #24
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    The 911 dispatchers in Tulsa received training on how to handle MWAG calls before open carry took effect.

    "What kind of gun is it?"

    "What is he doing with the gun?"

    "He's just carrying the gun in a holster and walking down the street?"

    " That's legal in Oklahoma."

    Sent from my little slice of Heaven.
    Some dispatchers in Texas do likewise. However, with some police departments, city councils and mayors being staunchly anti-open carry, naturally some dispatchers are trained in quite the opposite manner. Even police officials in some cities have told the public to always call 911 when they see someone carrying a firearm in public, whether they're breaking the law or being threatening or not. With certain police officials advocating the illegal activity, it's no wonder the dispatchers in those areas are likewise being trained to handle the situation incorrectly.
    Advocate freedom please

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    65

    Angry

    That is what our 911 dispatchers do when I asked there supervisor about MWAG calls (dispatch patrols to stop the Oc'er). I also asked the standards officer at my PD and they said for MWAG calls they train to just draw on citizens.

    That is why I'm embroiled in a case against the state and city.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •