• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control bullies and uneducated dispatchers

Elm Creek Smith

The 911 dispatchers in Tulsa received training on how to handle MWAG calls before open carry took effect.

"What kind of gun is it?"

"What is he doing with the gun?"

"He's just carrying the gun in a holster and walking down the street?"

" That's legal in Oklahoma."

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.

stealthyeliminator

The 911 dispatchers in Tulsa received training on how to handle MWAG calls before open carry took effect.

"What kind of gun is it?"

"What is he doing with the gun?"

"He's just carrying the gun in a holster and walking down the street?"

" That's legal in Oklahoma."

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.

Some dispatchers in Texas do likewise. However, with some police departments, city councils and mayors being staunchly anti-open carry, naturally some dispatchers are trained in quite the opposite manner. Even police officials in some cities have told the public to always call 911 when they see someone carrying a firearm in public, whether they're breaking the law or being threatening or not. With certain police officials advocating the illegal activity, it's no wonder the dispatchers in those areas are likewise being trained to handle the situation incorrectly.

OC-Aviator

That is what our 911 dispatchers do when I asked there supervisor about MWAG calls (dispatch patrols to stop the Oc'er). I also asked the standards officer at my PD and they said for MWAG calls they train to just draw on citizens.

That is why I'm embroiled in a case against the state and city.

rushcreek2

If this Nanny Bloomberg/Watson group is attempting to exploit the 42.01 a,8 Disorderly conduct offense..purely for the purpose of interfering with the free exercise of other citizen's civil rights......they have a serious problem.

The 42.01 a, 8 offense is not established by the reported presence of subjectively experienced alarm. The offense is established BY AN ACT - supported by some EVIDENCE- resulting in a deadly weapon being publicly displayed in a MANNER CALCULATED to cause alarm. Mere failure to conceal a rifle or shotgun does not constitute a disorderly conduct offense.

A rifle or shotgun displayed in a pick up's rear-window gun rack- or peacefully carried by a person afoot - has never been held by a Texas court to constitute a violation of 42.01 a,8. Neither does a person, or group of persons walking down the sidewalk carrying a long gun displayed from a sling over their shoulder establish the disorderly conduct offense. The law is the law . The only firearm carry or display criminal offense in Texas relates to handguns.

The fact that a citizen doesn't " LIKE " the sight of a lawfully openly displayed rifle or shotgun does not justify the use of the 911 emergency system to further a social or political agenda. People see crap every day that they don't " LIKE " ...but they have the intelligence to understand that not " LIKING " something does not make it a crime....much less justify misuse of the 911 emergency response system.

Intentional interference with the free exercise of a civil right on the other hand is a crime.

We are a nation - and a State - of laws....NOT "LIKES ".

Eventually the law enforcement agency tasked to respond to this nonsense will tire of it.

As stated previously the only crime being committed is the misuse of the 911 emergency system.

Last edited: