• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control bullies and uneducated dispatchers

stealthyeliminator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbBX9Oms9A

Moms Demand Action has instructed their members to always call 911 any time they see someone in public carrying a firearm openly and to tell the dispatcher that they are alarmed. This sort of advocation and activity only serves to confirm revealing reports about the psych and mentality of these malicious gun control advocates.

Fallschirjmäger

It could easily be to the detriment of society, because the police might not react to actual, real reports of suspicious activity, but it could work out to our personal favor quite easily.

Some police officers absolutely love the two or three 'MWAG' calls they get every year. They get a chance to look brave and just maybe there's a chance to shoot someone or put somebody in jail. Now you up that to two or three calls a month, or even a week, and each time it's not a gang banger or a felon but just somebody minding his own business with a legal item on his belt behaving legally. I ask ya, Where's da fun in that???

When I first started openly carrying in my little podunk town, one of the deputies warned me that if I wanted to "play that game", they were going to respond each time, every time, with as many officers as they could round up any time a 'concerned citizen' called to report a man with a gun. I just asked how next Tuesday at about 3 O'clock sounded, did they want to pencil me in?
They thought it was all going to be just fun and games, until they realized they were the ones being played.

It wasn't long before the novelty wore off, one deputy posting in an online forum wrote, "Yeah, we know who he is, we have his description and his tag number. We don't even respond anymore." = = = As them 'not responding' was exactly the point of the exercise, I'll have to take that as a win on the part of openly carrying.

Last edited:

jc79

It could easily be to the detriment of society, because the police might not react to actual, real reports of suspicious activity, but it could work out to our personal favor quite easily.

Some police officers absolutely love the two or three 'MWAG' calls they get every year. They get a chance to look brave and just maybe there's a chance to shoot someone or put somebody in jail. Now you up that to two or three calls a month, or even a week, and each time it's not a gang banger or a felon but just somebody minding his own business with a legal item on his belt behaving legally. I ask ya, Where's da fun in that???.

Also, to add, what MAD is advocating for is dangerous. First it takes away a police officer from handling real crimes. Second, police are hyped up when they arrive on scene and in all the excitement, might lead to an accidental shooting. Third, keep in mind that as cops are racing to the scene, they are also rushing through traffic and with that comes a higher risk of auto accidents.

Open carry is legal in Oklahoma and the local police officers already said that if you are following the law, they are not going to mess with you. If they get a call and find out that the MWAG is a guy out having dinner with his family, they will come down hard on the person that made the call.

stealthyeliminator

Also, to add, what MAD is advocating for is dangerous. First it takes away a police officer from handling real crimes. Second, police are hyped up when they arrive on scene and in all the excitement, might lead to an accidental shooting. Third, keep in mind that as cops are racing to the scene, they are also rushing through traffic and with that comes a higher risk of auto accidents.

Open carry is legal in Oklahoma and the local police officers already said that if you are following the law, they are not going to mess with you. If they get a call and find out that the MWAG is a guy out having dinner with his family, they will come down hard on the person that made the call.

You are absolutely right, it does create many safety risks. I am glad that your local LEOs have that policy to condemn citizens making MWAG calls for legal open carry.

cirrusly

Moms Demand Action has instructed their members to always call 911 any time they see someone in public carrying a firearm openly and to tell the dispatcher that they are alarmed. This sort of advocation and activity only serves to confirm revealing reports about the psych and mentality of these malicious gun control advocates.

The dispatcher didn't help the situation. If anything she encouraged such behavior by telling the caller next time to use "911" instead of the non-emergency number.

stealthyeliminator

The dispatcher didn't help the situation. If anything she encouraged such behavior by telling the caller next time to use "911" instead of the non-emergency number.

You are exactly right. That [strike]dispatcher[/strike] (whoever answer the phone since it was non-emergency line apparently) needs to be re-trained, or disciplined if it was intentional.

Last edited:

Preyn2

You are exactly right. That [strike]dispatcher[/strike] (whoever answer the phone since it was non-emergency line apparently) needs to be re-trained, or disciplined if it was intentional.

Not necessarily correct. In many places, if you dial the non-emergency number to the local dispatch office, they don't have any way of determining the call-back number, location, etc., of the caller.

If, however, the caller dials 911, the dispatcher should (except in the most painfully underequipped rural jurisdictions) immediately receive a host of information about the caller: call-back number, physical location of the phone (if it's a land-line, and it's coming soon even for cell phone callers), and probably a recording of the call.

Therefore, if the police find the MWAG actually MHOB (Minding His Own Business), the cops theoretically have a mechanism for tracking the caller down for their own re-education.

Separate subject: Thanks for running this site. Love it.

phil

Rusty Young Man

The woman state that the GUNS themselves are threatening. So she feels illogical fear of an inanimate object, and assigns living traits (threatening is a verb). That would be enough for me to have her thrown in the loonie-bin.:lol:

Seriously though, the "dispatcher" (seeing as she did end up dispatching at least one officer to the walkers) should be trained on use of judgment as well as what constitutes a REAL threat vs. what was so obviously a small gathering of Freedom-loving individuals who were trying to promote awareness.

lapeer20m

Mad moms against guns also claims that the information about the 911 caller is available to anyone through a FOIA request. They claim that "gun nuts" are obtaining the 911 callers information and the angry moms want that data kept secret.

I have obtained several foia requests and they often contain the name, phone number, and address of the caller plus an audio recording of the call. I've never used this information for any purpose but it makes me think twice about the information I may choose to share with a 911 operator should the need arise.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Will these "mothers" also report women who are carrying in the presence of their children? You know, actual mothers?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Burn phones.

FOIA the MWAG call and then file charges. Flood the local prosecutor and cops with these charges and the dingbats may be taught a lesson in civility.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Mad moms against guns also claims that the information about the 911 caller is available to anyone through a FOIA request. They claim that "gun nuts" are obtaining the 911 callers information and the angry moms want that data kept secret.

I have obtained several foia requests and they often contain the name, phone number, and address of the caller plus an audio recording of the call. I've never used this information for any purpose but it makes me think twice about the information I may choose to share with a 911 operator should the need arise.

It will suck to be them if they place unwarranted 911 calls and are then prosecuted. Abuse of the 911 system is a crime.

cirrusly

It will suck to be them if they place unwarranted 911 calls and are then prosecuted. Abuse of the 911 system is a crime.

Could an individual bring a civil suit against another civilian for abusing the 911 system? If so- that would be a great approach to get the "moms demand danger" group under control.

Say, the OCer who was "called on" could file a FOIA then sue the callers.

stealthyeliminator

Abuse of 911 system doesn't seem to fit:
Sec. 42.061. SILENT OR ABUSIVE CALLS TO 9-1-1 SERVICE. (a) In this section "9-1-1 service" and "public safety answering point" or "PSAP" have the meanings assigned by Section 771.001, Health and Safety Code.

(b) A person commits an offense if the person makes a call to a 9-1-1 service, or requests 9-1-1 service using an electronic communications device, when there is not an emergency and knowingly or intentionally:

(1) remains silent; or

(2) makes abusive or harassing statements to a PSAP employee.

(c) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly permits an electronic communications device, including a telephone, under the person's control to be used by another person in a manner described in Subsection (b).

(d) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

But this does, which is a class A misdemeanor as opposed to the class B misdemeanor above:

Sec. 42.06. FALSE ALARM OR REPORT. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly initiates, communicates or circulates a report of a present, past, or future bombing, fire, offense, or other emergency that he knows is false or baseless and that would ordinarily:

(1) cause action by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

(2) place a person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury; or

(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, or aircraft, automobile, or other mode of conveyance.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless the false report is of an emergency involving a public or private institution of higher education or involving a public primary or secondary school, public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service, in which event the offense is a state jail felony.

Edit: You might have to prove that they knew the activity was legal, not sure. Course, this would be for criminal prosecution, not for a civil case. I don't know what it'd take to make civil action against them.

Last edited:

OC for ME

The second "offense" by the same person would likely be the tripwire to initiate a criminal complaint. As such, that second call would make a civil suit almost a slam dunk.

Though, I'll bet you a dollar that the anti-gun crowd knows that OC is lawful, where it is lawful. When has lawfulness been a impediment to LE when responding to a MWAG call.

stealthyeliminator

The second "offense" by the same person would likely be the tripwire to initiate a criminal complaint. As such, that second call would make a civil suit almost a slam dunk.

Though, I'll bet you a dollar that the anti-gun crowd knows that OC is lawful, where it is lawful. When has lawfulness been a impediment to LE when responding to a MWAG call.

They do. MDA encourages their members to maliciously call 911 and report specifically that they're alarmed, using that particular term as to try and conflate OC with disorderly conduct in the minds of the dispatchers and responding officers. They know full well that it's lawful activity, but they don't like it, so they're going to do everything they can to harass. In those cases it's clearly false alarm or report.

What's funny is that there are certain police chiefs who will tell you the same thing - to call 911 any time you see someone in public with a firearm. They're the kind of police chiefs that go hang out at the MDA counter-protest booth when there is a big pro-gun rally. cougharlingtoncough The chief is nearly the MDA's only visitor, lol.

Last edited:

half_life1052

Not to be the English poice

The word conflate is correctly used in this instance. I like the FOIA and sue game plan to solve this obvious gaming of the system.