• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Olympia police respond to armed robbery at Toys R Us [GUN FREE ZONE}

44Brent

This store has a sign advertising itself as a gun-free zone. I guess the robber failed to notice it -- if only the store had a BIGGER sign it might have prevented the robbery.

http://www.theolympian.com/2014/04/12/3083904/olympia-police-respond-to-armed.html?sp=/99/224/&ihp=1

aEhtH.AuSt.38.jpg

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm assuming he just robbed the store ... but if he would have robbed the customers, would they then have a cause of action against the store in respect to stripping them of their RKBA?

I would think so....

Rusty Young Man

Geerolla

Yep, can't convince my wife to stop shopping there. Needless to say, concealed means concealed.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

wimwag

They should post a sign like they have at my bank that prohibits wearing a mask inside.

Mine has a no hoodies or backpacks sign that's huge and explanatory. The ghnbuster sign is tiny and under the 5x7 inch requirement. I laugh when I see it and pull my hoodie up. I break two unenforceable rules at once and nobody ever says a thing.