Thread: Virginia’s Molon Lave has a place at Seder table ...

Virginia’s Molon Lave has a place at Seder table ...

"Walking through the cellar of Molon Lave Vineyards, the tape bearing the words “void if tampered” wraps around the knobs of tanks and the corks of barrels. During the Passover Seder meal, four cups of wine are incorporated into the annual Jewish feast. The silverware, dishes and unleavened bread are closely supervised to conform with ritual demands — and so is the wine.
    [ ... ]
    The name of the vineyard comes from his Greek heritage. At the Battle of Thermopylae, Spartan King Leonidas, clearly outnumbered by attacking Persian forces, when asked to surrender said, “Molon Lave,” or “Come and get them.”"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eder-table-wi/

We must support this winery by consuming vast quantities of μολὼν λαβέ (prounounced moˈlon laˈve in Modern Greek).
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-14-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

When the demand was made to surrender his weapons the reply was come and take them. This is the relevance to 2A.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by youngck View Post
    When the demand was made to surrender his weapons the reply was come and take them. This is the relevance to 2A.
    "Come, and take them!" is a poor translation of parts of speech that do not exist in American English. "Having come, you take!" But "From my cold dead hands." works as well. Read the discussion the the Wikipedia article 'MOLON LABE'.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.