• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Missouri soon.

JHunt

Can someone help me out with a link to either an earlier post or other legitimate website with information on Missouri's OC laws/requirements? I would really appreciate it. I'm looking through older posts now but am finding myself a little lost.

Thanks.

OC for ME

Can someone help me out with a link to either an earlier post or other legitimate website with information on Missouri's OC laws/requirements? I would really appreciate it. I'm looking through older posts now but am finding myself a little lost.

Thanks.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/C571.HTM

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0210000750.HTM

There is no OC law other than RSMo 21.750.3, which permits political subdivisions to ban OC. OC is the default manner of carry in Missouri, Article I Section 23 of the State Constitution explicitly segregates CCW and as such OC can not be regulated.....even though RSMo 21.750.3 does regulate it. :banghead:

I am not aware of any court case that has challenged this dichotomy.

I suggest that you research the local municipalities that will be in your general area, or more aptly, in your future general area.

Read RSMo 571 in its entirety. That is our CCW law. RSMo 571.107 is where a endorsement does not permit CCW by statute.

Welcome to the Show Me State.

JHunt

Thanks I'll have to take a look at all of that when I take a trip up there tomorrow. Main areas of concern are basically that I am covered under LEOSA to carry but my agency has been dragging their heels and keeping their heads up their a$$ for a lack of better terms on issuing credentials to us. That would cover me in the communist dictatorship of Illinois where my parents live and for CC only in all 50 states. However carrying under LEOSA doesn't allow me to carry open at all when carrying on those credentials, nor in some state/federal parks where a state CCWP would.

Talk about brain pounding contradiction!

OC for ME

While LEOSA is a CC law, OC does not fall under this mandate. OC is the law in Missouri and only those towns that ban OC are to be of some concern. CC with a endorsement (LEOSA) cannot prohibit CC in Missouri where CC is permitted, see RSMo 571.107.

Essentially, if OC is OK, OC as you please. If OC is a no-no, CC on LEOSA. The trick is knowing where OC is OK. ;)

Are you under some employment mandate (policy) that OC is a no-no, ever, independent of the law where you happen to be?

Redbaron007

OC's is right....no state regulation/law that provides for OCing; it just doesn't prevent it. The state left it open to the individual municipalities to regulate the practice of OC....so you have to check your area of preferred OCing. It is slowly trying to be corrected. It is a real pain in the gludiousmaximusrectumanias area!

Welcome to MO. What area are you going to be in?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that this shows why all these stupid guns laws are wrong.

Here we have a LAC moving about the USA, land of the free, and cannot understand his RKBA from one state to another without consultation with 20 lawyers and even then maybe arrested in some goofy location that has some obscure law.

Redbaron007

I think that this shows why all these stupid guns laws are wrong.

Here we have a LAC moving about the USA, land of the free, and cannot understand his RKBA from one state to another without consultation with 20 lawyers and even then maybe arrested in some goofy location that has some obscure law.

Yep! Concur!