• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida open carry while fishing

ADulay

All,

Sorry to stir up a slight hornet's nest with my question about Texas open carry.

I probably should have rephrased the question and asked if carrying a realistic self-defense (post civil war) semi-automatic sidearm, openly, was allowed in Texas.

The answer, as of today, is obviously no, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

The semantics of whether or not I need a license/permit to do things that are constitutionally valid is not the point.

I think we've answered my original question.

AD (if it's Monday, I'm off to the range, open carrying, of course)

Sent from my Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

notalawyer

All,

Sorry to stir up a slight hornet's nest with my question about Texas open carry.

I probably should have rephrased the question and asked if carrying a realistic self-defense (post civil war) semi-automatic sidearm, openly, was allowed in Texas.

The answer, as of today, is obviously no, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

The semantics of whether or not I need a license/permit to do things that are constitutionally valid is not the point.

I think we've answered my original question.

AD (if it's Monday, I'm off to the range, open carrying, of course)

Sent from my Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

Well, we don't expect too much out of our Florida Open Carry activists, so you are excused. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, we don't expect too much out of our Florida Open Carry activists, so you are excused. :cool:

The heck we don't.

Expect you to return to those thrilling[SUP]*[/SUP] days of yesteryear, before the snowbirds mucked it up.

[SUP]*[/SUP]When OC was legal and boring :)

Kopis

OK.

Also you reply seemed very definitive. Are you sure there are no other locations/activities where open carry of pistols is allowed?

Legal or not, many people have been arrested in TX for OC of long guns (some vague law about going armed with intent to cause alarm or something) and OC of black powder pistols despite the state statue that says they are not firearms. If you want a hassle free trip to TX you should probably CC.

notalawyer

Legal or not, many people have been arrested in TX for OC of long guns (some vague law about going armed with intent to cause alarm or something) and OC of black powder pistols despite the state statue that says they are not firearms. If you want a hassle free trip to TX you should probably CC.

I don't live my life in fear of an unlawful arrest.