Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Appleseed April 19

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    Appleseed April 19

    There is a Appleseed coming to Clark County Shooting Complex. I know some are still in boycott mode, but I feel it is necessary to hone my rifleman skills. This training is top notch and fun. link: http://appleseedinfo.org/index.html

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    They also do them at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club. They just did one last month, though none are currently scheduled as upcoming.

    I've not been to one, but the concept has my approval! I hear good things about them, for the most part.
    Last edited by MAC702; 04-15-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Yes they are good. But I can not get behind the spineless nature of them. At lunch they get all teary eyed as they tell tales of our founders fighting for liberty and rights. All the while standing on county property that does not recognize our liberty and rights. And on top of that pay the county money to allow them said privilege. By shooting at the park they have traded comfort for liberty. And they have told me they are willing to do that.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    I should add that it would be hypocritical of me to use the park as well. After I stood up at the NVFAC meeting asking them why they felt the need to patronize the county that did not respect our rights. All the while they as appleseed does preached about our rights being taken away.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    They also do them at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club. They just did one last month, though none are currently scheduled as upcoming.

    I've not been to one, but the concept has my approval! I hear good things about them, for the most part.
    I missed the one last month, I check quite often and have not seen any others but this one scheduled.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    I should add that it would be hypocritical of me to use the park as well. After I stood up at the NVFAC meeting asking them why they felt the need to patronize the county that did not respect our rights. All the while they as appleseed does preached about our rights being taken away.
    I agree with you Steve. I stood up as well, then I felt hypocritical every time I bought gas in Clark County, or paid a sales tax in Clark County. I have made some adjustments in my purchase methods, overall I support Clark county less than I did when I made my grandstand at the shooting Park. So Clark County gets less, The shooting industry in Clark County gets more, not to mention that Open Carry is in the mix among people, many of which have been Shamed into conceal carry only: "Bob Irwin style."

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I agree with you Steve. I stood up as well, then I felt hypocritical every time I bought gas in Clark County, or paid a sales tax in Clark County. I have made some adjustments in my purchase methods, overall I support Clark county less than I did when I made my grandstand at the shooting Park. So Clark County gets less, The shooting industry in Clark County gets more, not to mention that Open Carry is in the mix among people, many of which have been Shamed into conceal carry only: "Bob Irwin style."
    Buying gas or paying taxes are more a necessary evil. Handing money over though when not needed to the county via the shooting park can be avoided.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Buying gas or paying taxes are more a necessary evil. Handing money over though when not needed to the county via the shooting park can be avoided.
    You may not need this type of training, but I do. When you cease to feed the government, feel free to criticize me for making my best judgements. See ya on the firing line!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    You may not need this type of training, but I do. When you cease to feed the government, feel free to criticize me for making my best judgements. See ya on the firing line!
    I am not trying to be critical of you, just trying to understand your about face on this issue. I need training worse than you do trust me. You are someone we have stood side by side with on issues and in person. So I want to really try and understand where you are coming from.

  10. #10
    Regular Member wabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    briar patch
    Posts
    138
    steve, you are correct, the presentations are corny at best but their long distance shooting practices and materials are quite impressive for showing results in a short period of time.

    i had the pleasure to take my appleseed weekend experience with Fred, one of the founders, in attendance and the best way to describe his approach to the presentations made an impression. I have discerned some of the appleseed key players across the country lack the passion Fred has for presenting the information.

    don't tread on me, ideology differences notwithstanding, sometimes, like school, you have to endure the bad subjects to get to the good ones...

    enjoy your weekend

    wabbit
    Last edited by wabbit; 04-18-2014 at 09:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
    steve, you are correct, the presentations are corny at best
    Corn yes. When they stand there and cry tears, as I have seen them do, over losing our liberty and cry for those who died. Yet when I confront them about making a stand against the only magical park in clark county that we can somehow carry a gun in, and tell the county no and go elsewhere. The response from them was it is so nice and comfortable to shoot there. I have a problem with that. I agree with Tread I try to give as little money to the county as I can. And if Appleseed would tell the county we dont want to use the park because the county is violating the law, I would be the first to line up and shoot with them again. I really enjoyed the shooting work we did.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Corn yes. When they stand there and cry tears, as I have seen them do, over losing our liberty and cry for those who died. Yet when I confront them about making a stand against the only magical park in clark county that we can somehow carry a gun in, and tell the county no and go elsewhere. The response from them was it is so nice and comfortable to shoot there. I have a problem with that. I agree with Tread I try to give as little money to the county as I can. And if Appleseed would tell the county we dont want to use the park because the county is violating the law, I would be the first to line up and shoot with them again. I really enjoyed the shooting work we did.
    I have tussled with some on here about the concept of "It will only change from the inside, you need to get involved." while I still hesitate to believe that when it comes to government, I see more potential in the private sector. Corny or not when you can bring the youngsters... they are MOVED when they see a grown up get misty, especially one they have learned to highly respect come lunchtime.

    My Sons first Appleseed was when he was 8-9 about ten years ago. After the first day we were coming back through railroad pass, my hand was on the center console, he held my hand and looked in my eyes and told me "Dad, that was the best day of my life." Since then he has gone on to shoot better than I ever will. The USA Olympic team tried recruiting him etc... The Pittance That the Shooting park makes on your now $9.00 fee after expenses for one day, could pale in comparison to the Patriot you help produce especially if you bring a youngster.

    I am bringing one Hispanic kid that always wants to help build guns, and does very well at it. His Parents immigrated from Mexico legally but are of the "Harry Reid' mindset. (it has taken some convincing) We were going to the Appleseed in Boulder City on the 7th of Dec. last year, but it got colder than a well diggers lunch box so I backed out. I did not want him to think I changed my mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •