• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what we can and should learn from Bundy ranch showdown

onus

The feds said in public statements that they pulled back because they didn't want bloodshed. They are telling only half the truth.

# 1 - The majority of law enforcement do their job for a paycheck.

# 2 - The vast majority of law enforcement agents only goal is to go home at the end of the night.

To that end, they don't want to die. The bloodshed they wanted to prevent wasn't on the part of the protestors, it was among their own agents.

When they are confronted with a situation involving armed opposition like Bundy ranch they show their true colors.

If violence had broken out at the ranch, the feds would have won the battle. They would have killed many protestors and they would have removed the cattle from the ranch.

However, the feds would have taken heavy casualties themselves.

In fact, judging by the pictures, video and eyewitness testimony from the scene, it appears there was very good firepower present amongst the protestors.

I would say the feds would have taken 15-35% casualties if everyone truly wanted to get down and rumble.

What does this mean ?

It means in America today we all too often just bow down and let LEO run over us BUT we have strength in numbers and we have a very well armed public. We need to use this to our advantage and force the government to choose their battles wisely.

We need the police agents to sit in their bed at night and ask "what am I willing to die for".

My opinion is 95% of LEO in this country do not want to die over some cattle and tortoises.

I predict this event is a sign of things to come in America. I predict you will see more events like this were citizens, armed with their constitutionally protected .338 Lapuas and M-4's will show up and say "okay LEO, you will defeat us today, but you will take casualties and many of you wont go home tonight".

Its been a while since I truly felt proud to be an America but watching the events unfold at the Ruby ranch convinced me that courage isn't dead in America and the government abuse can be defeated when we as the majority stick together and stand up.

Gallowmere

What bothers me, is that it's much easier for them to redeploy, once the militia members, and other protestors have gone home, than it is for the latter to mobilize again. The feds collect a paycheck for doing what they do. The protestors on the other hand, not so much. Realistically, they wouldn't have to fire a single shot. They could just keep leaving and coming back, until eventually, no one shows up to defend.

onus

What bothers me, is that it's much easier for them to redeploy, once the militia members, and other protestors have gone home, than it is for the latter to mobilize again. The feds collect a paycheck for doing what they do. The protestors on the other hand, not so much. Realistically, they wouldn't have to fire a single shot. They could just keep leaving and coming back, until eventually, no one shows up to defend.

Resistance is growing. The protestors will be back and so will the feds. However, the numbers of protestors will be growing everyday.

This is a new era in America.

wimwag

I think that in many cases the feds would be completely overrun and possibly publicly executed for treason. You can empty the magazine, but with the protestors numbering in the hundreds, how can you possibly reload in time to mow down the entire crowd? The thing about patriotism is that it almost certainly requires one to become a casualty. The patriot is not a soldier. The soldier lives to fight another day, the patriot dies to buy the soldier more time. That's difficult to negotiate with.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I would bet some of the protectors are former military and LE. There is a very good chance fighting positions are being dug, ranges set, fields of fire coordinated.

There is a huge different in taking on armed criminals who are alone and you have the full moral authority and law behind you.

They can't hide what is happening they don't own all the media any more to carry their water like happened at Waco and ruby ridge.

They well try but the cat's out of the bag so to speak video and audio well get out in the new media.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Free Speech Zones????

I, for one, am getting very, very tired of this tactic. My "free speech zone" is anywhere I happen to be.

I read/study my Constitution every day. I have been looking for SOME justification for "FSZs" and I cannot find it anywhere. We complain about infringement quite a bit but we allow "FSZs". This needs to stop.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I, for one, am getting very, very tired of this tactic. My "free speech zone" is anywhere I happen to be.

I read/study my Constitution every day. I have been looking for SOME justification for "FSZs" and I cannot find it anywhere. We complain about infringement quite a bit but we allow "FSZs". This needs to stop.

Putting in a "free speech zone" would be enough for me .... irrespective of the underlining issue.

And no, I don't care what any black-robed person thinks about this.

countryclubjoe

The question should be this.. Would those armed trained government employees kill innocent woman and children over some silly court order to confiscate some land and cattle? Would they kill innocent American's for simply not paying taxes and fees?

Regards

CCJ

beebobby

I wonder what these folks would do if Pres. Obama flexed his constitutional power to call up the militia to put down this insurrection?

countryclubjoe

" The mission of law is not to oppress persons and plunder them of their property, even thought the law may be acting in a philanthropic spirit.
ITS MISSION IS TO PROTECT PROPERTY' -- Frederic Bastiat

Another question should be What is the justification for denying a person of his rights and liberties?

Regards

CCJ

solus

Countryclubjoe, et al.,

John Sayer quote: "The equipment maintained by the military while in use during the siege included fifteen armored personnel carriers, clothing, rifles, grenade launchers, flares, and 133,000 rounds of ammunition, for a total cost, including the use of maintenance personnel from the National Guard of five states and pilot and planes for aerial photographs, of over half a million dollars". unquote.

Kevin McKiernan quote: The statistics on the U.S. government force at Wounded Knee vary, but all accounts agree that it was a significant military force including "federal marshals, FBI agents, and armored vehicles". One eyewitness and journalist described "sniper fire from…federal helicopters", "bullets dancing around in the dirt", and "sounds of shooting all over town" [from both sides]. unquote.

quote: ...Kent Frizell was appointed from DOJ to manage the government's response. He cut off electricity, water and food supplies to Wounded Knee, when it was still winter in South Dakota, and prohibited the entry of the media unquote

The Danziger Bridge shootings were police shootings that took place on September 4, 2005, at the Danziger Bridge in New Orleans, Louisiana. Six days after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, members of the city's police department killed two people: 17-year-old James Brissette and 40-year-old Ronald Madison. Four other people were wounded. All victims were unarmed. Madison, a mentally disabled man, was shot in the back. New Orleans police fabricated a cover-up story for their crime, falsely reporting that seven police officers responded to a police dispatch reporting an officer down, and that at least four people were firing weapons at the officers upon their arrival.

police shooting the citizens they are suppose to protect, happens every day!

Why are you surprised?

ipse

wimwag

I wonder what these folks would do if Pres. Obama flexed his constitutional power to call up the militia to put down this insurrection?

Take our time killing his supporters. The sights are on the top of the gun, not the side.

zack991

That our government is way out of control and there is a major problem with our government owning our land and in Nevada's case be 85%, our government has no problem sending SWAT teams into a area to use Lethal force to keep our land from us. The Federal Government should not have any rights to any land in any state period.

Last edited: