Thread: Blood moon demands sacrifices

Blood moon demands sacrifices

What a coincidence...blood moon appears on tax day and the IRS is harassing any outspoken non left taxpayer.

Your blood god demands a 1040EZ! Pay me in blood!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Second of Tetrad 122 preceeds Comet Siding Spring Mars encounter

There have always been at least two lunar eclipses each year and as many as five are possible. The epithet Blood Moon is old and only recently popularized by televangelists.

I just noticed that the October lunar eclipse barely precedes the 19 October 2014 Mars encounter by Comet C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring), with a small probability of impact (currently <1:120,000 and decreasing).

The whackjobs would ejaculate "Hosanna" at an impact!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-15-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I and my 9 y/o sacrificed some sleep to view the moon at its most colorful. The tax thing.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    [ ... ]The tax thing.....
    Trivial, e-filed at about noon yesterday.

We're still working off losses from my wife's sale of her business. The quarterly-estimated is a quarterly pain to file though. Thank goodness she's a happy bookkeeper for us and, now, for a half-dozen local businesses.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    There have always been at least two lunar eclipses each year and as many as five are possible. The epithet Blood Moon is old and only recently popularized by televangelists.
    But "blood moon" is such a slasher film name! If I didn't have young kids that needed to get up for school I would break out the projector and popcorn and show slasher films from YouTube for 3 hours every night in my backyard.