Thread: Ron Paul warns of Waco-like end to Nevada ranch fiasco

Ron Paul warns of Waco-like end to Nevada ranch fiasco

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-ranch-fiasco/

Ron Paul On Bundy Ranch: Feds Won’t Give Up Easily, May Return With Waco-Like Force

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...co-like-force/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

RP be genius.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Harry reid has already announced that "It is not over yet". He doesn't want his chinese "solar farm" to not go through.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    They would only be giving the dissenters of us more credit.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    And what happened after Waco? hmmm. the feds have not thought this out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And what happened after Waco? hmmm. the feds have not thought this out very well.
    If we had the social media like we do now then, Waco would have never ended that way it did.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    If we had the social media like we do now then, Waco would have never ended that way it did.
    Not necessarily. The government still exercises outrageous and unwarranted authority against citizens today, arguably more so now than in 1993.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    Not necessarily. The government still exercises outrageous and unwarranted authority against citizens today, arguably more so now than in 1993.
    20+ yrs of steriods !

Anyway, I do not see evidence of another Waco in the making. Keep eyes alert though.

The yep yep yep of a Sen. holds little weight ~ like the president's !

The BLM "backed off" because they were the actual adults in the room - all they were doing was their job, and when it became clear a group of idiots were willing to cause massive bloodshed over an issue that they are obviously wrong about, the BLM conceded and will find another way.
    I have to say I think the government's response has been about right to these idiots. Back away slowly from the nut jobs, come back to arrest, place liens, seize bank accounts another day.

The BLM backed off because of the firepower on the side of the Bundys supporters.

Police are cowards, they only become brave when they have superior numbers and firepower.

The feds knew if shooting started that they would lose many agents.

The piggies didn't feel like dying that day.
    Last edited by onus; 04-17-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    One thing is clear in this and many other ocdo threads. There are certain characters who simply come here to upset the regulars. Point being - give them what they want....get more of what you don't! Or to put it another way - keep paying a clown to show up, don't be upset when he does...for the lower wattage bulbs in our pack...your attention is his pay! Give it and you will surely get his/their attention ten fold or more.

Carry on - as this will cycle most likely continue....
    +1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The BLM "backed off" because they were the actual adults in the room - all they were doing was their job, and when it became clear a group of idiots were willing to cause massive bloodshed over an issue that they are obviously wrong about, the BLM conceded and will find another way.
    I have to say I think the government's response has been about right to these idiots. Back away slowly from the nut jobs, come back to arrest, place liens, seize bank accounts another day.

Yea doing their job? uh huh no bad history with that at all.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

- all they were doing was their job, and when it became clear a group of idiots were willing to cause massive bloodshed over an issue that they are obviously wrong about
    Idiots in government willing to cause massive bloodshed it right. Patriots willing to give it back to them as well.

Last edited by onus; 04-17-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Idiots in government willing to cause massive bloodshed it right. Patriots willing to give it to them.
    He's probably too young to remember 'Waco' and Charles Reily's fellow FBI sniper Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi. Reily claimed that he fired on hearing the command and shot from Horiuchi.

Damage to property that went beyond the authority granted under the warrant issued. BLM is under a microscope and old laws will be resurrected.....the feds should tread very very lightly.

Nice try though.....typical for a liberal as well.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

...all they were doing was their job, and when it became clear a group of idiots were willing to cause massive bloodshed over an issue that they are obviously wrong about, the BLM conceded and will find another way...
    Cry that the aggressor was just "doing their job," and blindly assert the opposing view are "idiots" without addressing the counter argument.

You're spewing typical liberal propaganda. Oh yes, yes the government will protect you!
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    Cry that the aggressor was just "doing their job," and blindly assert the opposing view are "idiots" without addressing the counter argument.

You're spewing typical liberal propaganda. Oh yes, yes the government will protect you!
    The "I vas only following orders" failed to work at the little German town of Nuremberg after WWII, the US hanged a number of Germans that were only doing their jobs.

Besides, if government agents pull off a Waco style massacre, today a portion of Americans just might decide to start sniping off Federales where ever and when ever.
    Last edited by F350; 04-18-2014 at 04:43 AM.