Thread: Alexandria VA Police track License Plates for 6 months

Alexandria VA Police track License Plates for 6 months

http://watchdog.org/138370/police-reporters-license/

Of course that is illegal in VA - "The state’s highest constitutional office has already said random collection and storage isn’t legal — but many local police departments in Virginia continue to do it."
    But who cares, eh?

I am sure the Feds exempt themselves from state law, and could easily use this to figure out who's got guns and where have they been.

All you have to do is combine 2 databases -
    1) the Federal 'Consumer Financial Protection Bureau' - funded by the Federal Reserve so Congress has no oversight of its budget or what it does - already has the 'legal authority' under Dodd-Frank - to snoop in all your financial records - investment accounts, 401k, credit cards, bank accounts, etc. - easy to see who is buying weapons from gun stores and gun dealers using credit cards
    2) mash that up against car registrations

and you have historical tracking data - close to real time, of cars driven by gun owners.
    W/B easy to put up License plate scanners on interstates, monitor with drone cameras, etc.

Only issue is - the Government is typically too stupid and too plodding to do this.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

And why would they go through all his effort? To find out that Jim , who bought a .22 rifle 6months ago, just happened to drive into x state on x road? What is there to gain?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    And why would they go through all his effort? To find out that Jim , who bought a .22 rifle 6months ago, just happened to drive into x state on x road? What is there to gain?

What is there to gain from collecting EVERYBODY's email and cell phone records and conversations? None that I can think of, but that is exactly what the federal government did. They worry about the gain down the road...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    What is there to gain from collecting EVERYBODY's email and cell phone records and conversations? None that I can think of, but that is exactly what the federal government did. They worry about the gain down the road...
    Its a lot easier to get email and cell phone stuff. I'm no expert but I assume they have some kind of automated program that would and can automatically copy the info. There's no labor in that. But to actively monitor and track every person who buys a firearm and track exactly where and when they are driving seems a bit far fetched. Just my opinion.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

‘God’s eye’ spy system hits test market streets with real-time recording

"A new surveillance system that collects and records information in real-time — and then lets trackers rewind, zoom in and follow certain targets — has hit the test market streets of Baltimore, Md., and Dayton, Ohio, and in at least one crime-fighting unit in California."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...streets-real-/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I guess the point w/b you could then associate cars with guns. You don't need to register them - Big Brother already knows. So if you wanted to attend a gathering to support ranchers in NV, political rallies in VA, or any event - a historic record c/b kept of your anti-big govt leanings and associations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

(edit to anti-BIG govt - not anti-gun ---- damn auto spell on cellphones)
    Last edited by HPmatt; 04-15-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Knowledge is power ... give me all this information from gov't officials and oh, the mess I could cause....

FBI Visiting Gun Stores in SC asking about customers talking about 'Big Government'

I see the FBI 'counter terrorism' team is tracking down 'potential terrorists' that have visited guns shops talking about 'big government'. Glad they are concentrating their efforts on domestic terrorists as opposed to who knows how many 1000s of Iranians and other terrorists driving over the Southern Border for the last 20 years.....

http://www.infowars.com/report-fbi-v...ig-government/
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

maybe government control.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

IRS will track license plates too

Looks like everyone is getting into the kitchen.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ng-vendor.html

And the Forest Service has done it in CA - probably to track marijuana growers in CA forests. Wouldn't be surprised if doing it in KY, TN, NC and VA too.
    Last edited by HPmatt; 04-18-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Go through an automated toll both, pass a LEO with a scanner, go through a traffic control light with a camera........remember to smile you've just been placed on a retrievable record of your location w/time & date stamp.

The George Orwellian version of Candid Camera 2014.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Perform a record request for the data ... they'll destroy the data the next day lol

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Hey licensing is for our safety right??????
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)