• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alexandria VA Police track License Plates for 6 months

HPmatt

http://watchdog.org/138370/police-reporters-license/

Of course that is illegal in VA - "The state’s highest constitutional office has already said random collection and storage isn’t legal — but many local police departments in Virginia continue to do it."
But who cares, eh?

I am sure the Feds exempt themselves from state law, and could easily use this to figure out who's got guns and where have they been.

All you have to do is combine 2 databases -
1) the Federal 'Consumer Financial Protection Bureau' - funded by the Federal Reserve so Congress has no oversight of its budget or what it does - already has the 'legal authority' under Dodd-Frank - to snoop in all your financial records - investment accounts, 401k, credit cards, bank accounts, etc. - easy to see who is buying weapons from gun stores and gun dealers using credit cards
2) mash that up against car registrations

and you have historical tracking data - close to real time, of cars driven by gun owners.
W/B easy to put up License plate scanners on interstates, monitor with drone cameras, etc.

Only issue is - the Government is typically too stupid and too plodding to do this.

Primus

And why would they go through all his effort? To find out that Jim , who bought a .22 rifle 6months ago, just happened to drive into x state on x road? What is there to gain?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

And why would they go through all his effort? To find out that Jim , who bought a .22 rifle 6months ago, just happened to drive into x state on x road? What is there to gain?

What is there to gain from collecting EVERYBODY's email and cell phone records and conversations? None that I can think of, but that is exactly what the federal government did. They worry about the gain down the road...

Primus

What is there to gain from collecting EVERYBODY's email and cell phone records and conversations? None that I can think of, but that is exactly what the federal government did. They worry about the gain down the road...

Its a lot easier to get email and cell phone stuff. I'm no expert but I assume they have some kind of automated program that would and can automatically copy the info. There's no labor in that. But to actively monitor and track every person who buys a firearm and track exactly where and when they are driving seems a bit far fetched. Just my opinion.

HPmatt

I guess the point w/b you could then associate cars with guns. You don't need to register them - Big Brother already knows. So if you wanted to attend a gathering to support ranchers in NV, political rallies in VA, or any event - a historic record c/b kept of your anti-big govt leanings and associations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

(edit to anti-BIG govt - not anti-gun ---- damn auto spell on cellphones)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Knowledge is power ... give me all this information from gov't officials and oh, the mess I could cause....

HPmatt

FBI Visiting Gun Stores in SC asking about customers talking about 'Big Government'

I see the FBI 'counter terrorism' team is tracking down 'potential terrorists' that have visited guns shops talking about 'big government'. Glad they are concentrating their efforts on domestic terrorists as opposed to who knows how many 1000s of Iranians and other terrorists driving over the Southern Border for the last 20 years.....

http://www.infowars.com/report-fbi-...estigate-people-talking-about-big-government/

papa bear

maybe government control.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Go through an automated toll both, pass a LEO with a scanner, go through a traffic control light with a camera........remember to smile you've just been placed on a retrievable record of your location w/time & date stamp.

The George Orwellian version of Candid Camera 2014.