Thread: ‘Culture of intimidation’ seen in Nevada ranch standoff Critics say fight isn’t first

‘Culture of intimidation’ seen in Nevada ranch standoff Critics say fight isn’t first

"Sending scores of armed agents along with helicopters and dogs to confront an elderly Nevada rancher over grazing fees may seem like overkill, but critics say it’s not inconsistent with the federal government’s recent approach to environmental enforcement.

The simmering truce between the Bundys and the Bureau of Land Management comes after high-profile raids last year by armed federal agents on small-time gold miners in tiny Chicken, Alaska, and guitar makers at the Gibson Guitar facilities in Tennessee.
    [ ... ]
    Ryan Yates, director of congressional relations for the American Farm Bureau...“Some have called it a culture of intimidation,” Mr. Yates said. “It’s issue after issue, threat after threat. It’s becoming harder and harder to keep those operations in business.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...a-ranch-stand/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Reading that article, and witnessing the near universality with which everyone, from the author all the way down to the commentariat, associate this kind of crap with "the Obama administration", I doubt we'll see reform anytime soon.

As long as folks believe this is a partisan issue, all it takes is the next transition from (R) to (D) (or vice versa) for their concern to vanish.

I wish this was all (or even mostly) Obama's doing, because then we might be free of it in a couple short years. The reality is this trend predates him, and has continued apace as though he weren't a factor, which suggests he probably isn't.

Doomberg joins the culture of intimidation, $50MM to "Make them afraid!"

Bloomberg [is] spending cash to create a new grassroots network
    Har har. Har.

If you don’t vote with us, we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.
    Sorry Bloomy. We beat you to the punch on that one. The kids and grandkids won't be doing much shooting after their dads and granddads hoarded all the ammo to no end.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-16-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Reading that article, and witnessing the near universality with which everyone, from the author all the way down to the commentariat, associate this kind of crap with "the Obama administration", I doubt we'll see reform anytime soon.

As long as folks believe this is a partisan issue, all it takes is the next transition from (R) to (D) (or vice versa) for their concern to vanish.

I wish this was all (or even mostly) Obama's doing, because then we might be free of it in a couple short years. The reality is this trend predates him, and has continued apace as though he weren't a factor, which suggests he probably isn't.
    Omfg, +1.

Har har. Har. Sorry Bloomy. We beat you to the punch on that one. The kids and grandkids won't be doing much shooting after their dads and granddads hoarded all the ammo to no end.
    BJ Xlinton taught US about AstroTurf, rootless grassroots without foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    BJ Xlinton taught US about AstroTurf, rootless grassroots without foundation.
    Sure, AstroTurf is old hat. But it isn't, and will never be, grassroots. Nor, if the indications given by Bloomy are of any weight, will gun control ever be.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Here here!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Just the other day I was rooting about in memorabilia and found my 'GrassRoots Gun Rights Gorilla' pin that was awarded for effective activism by SC's GrassRoots Gun Rights scfirearms.org, now stifled by the state NRA affiliate's legal maneuvering.

Doomberg blasphemous

“I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/us...-nra.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/us...-nra.html?_r=0
    Leave it to a tin god to simultaneously believe in God and yet place his judgment above that God's.

"We are willing to give our lives," Jerry DeLemus, Dover, NH

"This Wednesday, DeLemus remains in Nevada. He is now running the makeshift "militia" of conservatives protecting the ranch, some of whom are armed with handguns and rifles. DeLemus said about 100 conservative activists are still there, three days after federal agents returned hundreds of cattle they had taken from the ranch.

To DeLemus and these other activists, the Bundy ranch standoff is one of their most important fights yet over what they consider to be an oppressive federal government. "We are willing to give our lives," he said in a phone interview."
    [ ... ]
    Daily Caller editor Tucker Carlson said on Fox News Monday that, while Bundy was mistreated by the federal government, the land doesn't belong to him. Conservative host Glenn Beck warned conservatives against glorifying "the right's version of Occupy Wall Street."

DeLemus is an avid follower of Beck, having started up a local version of Beck's "9-12 project," comprised of nine principles and 12 values Beck says represent those of the Founding Fathers."

http://www.businessinsider.com/bundy...delemus-2014-4

G00gle Real time
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...HAE8NoizSSHhJM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-16-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Banned
    Anyone who has dealt with the EPA in its regulatory enforcement knows that they are the biggest bunch of a-holes one will come across.

Go to your local law library and see the sheer volume of CFR Chapter 40 v. others ... you'll get an understanding why.

The gov't made them this way and pats them on the back for their hard handed actions...getting tough on "polluters"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Anyone who has dealt with the EPA in its regulatory enforcement knows that they are the biggest bunch of a-holes one will come across.

Go to your local law library and see the sheer volume of CFR Chapter 40 v. others ... you'll get an understanding why.

The gov't made them this way and pats them on the back for their hard handed actions...getting tough on "polluters"
    Most anyone that works as a government agent, with a few letters representing them are the biggest A-holes one will come across.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

War on the West: Why More Bundy Standoffs Are Coming New American.com

Here are the ugly facts of the federal government’s ownership of the lands in the Western states:

Nevada: 84.5 percent
    Alaska: 69.1 percent
    Utah: 57.4 percent
    Oregon: 53.1 percent
    Idaho: 50.2 percent
    Arizona: 48.1 percent
    California: 45.3 percent
    Wyoming: 42.4 percent
    New Mexico: 41.8 percent
    Colorado: 36.6 percent
    Washington: 30.3 percent
    Montana: 29.9 percent

http://www.thenewamerican.com/images...deral_land.png

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ffs-are-coming

First one's forbidden. Might have to have it re-hosted.

First one's forbidden. Might have to have it re-hosted.
    Hmm, sorry. It's just the image from the article, a graphic of federal lands fraction of the Western states.

Banned
    The new umbrella group, ....

Don't they mean Umbrella Corporation? lol