• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Convention, what can we do?

NC-Heel

Permit holders can open carry correct? Any things we should be aware of as us out of staters visit your fine state for the convention?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Does the NRA have rules for attendance?

What about the facility they are using?

Here, the NRA fundraisers routinely choose facilities that ban firearms carry. As such, I went from being a high donor in attendance, to not going. Several of us have written letters to their field reps here, and have been shocked at their "it's not an important issue" attitude.

I hope the convention is different.

Last edited:

cce1302

Open carry with a license is legal. Click the link in my signature to verify.

the terms "open carry" and "concealed carry" do not occur in Indiana Code.

No nasty surprises. Some nice things: no prohibition of carry in restaurant/bar. Signs on private property are advice, not law.

Enjoy your visit.

Please help the NRA promote liberty rather than promoting the NRA.

NC-Heel

Here, the NRA fundraisers routinely choose facilities that ban firearms carry. As such, I went from being a high donor in attendance, to not going. Several of us have written letters to their field reps here, and have been shocked at their "it's not an important issue" attitude.

From the NRA website.

Firearms Carry: During the 143rd NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits the carry of personal firearms will be permitted in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium with the proper license in accordance with Indiana law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all Federal, state and local laws.

NC-Heel

Open carry with a license is legal. Click the link in my signature to verify.

the terms "open carry" and "concealed carry" do not occur in Indiana Code.

No nasty surprises. Some nice things: no prohibition of carry in restaurant/bar. Signs on private property are advice, not law.

Enjoy your visit.

Please help the NRA promote liberty rather than promoting the NRA.
What about consumption of alcohol? In NC and Va. you can open carry and drink a beer.

F350

And that is why I am no longer a member for the country's most successful gun control organization.

Mitchell

Good to read

I will be there tomorrow. I will have to bring a "Gun Control Kills" poster.