• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

more CC

Rusty Young Man

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...-in-new-york-shoots-1-of-4-attempted-robbers/

sorry been a tad busy. ill try to continue to post CC stuff due to the fact i was told i don't have cites for anything. even though i started posting cites and a thread was locked because of it. haters gunna hate.

The "cites" you provided have already been discredited for not being legitimate "gun grabs" from Law-Abiding Citizens (LEO and military don't count), as well as one being a targeted robbery, which is not a crime of opportunity (impromptu gun grab), as you have been alluding would happen to OCers.
It was locked because you were using it as a soapbox for your unsubstantiated claims.

the article said:
A pizza deliveryman in Buffalo, NY found himself the target of a group of four men who tried to rob him as he attempted a delivery.

The deliveryman drew a concealed handgun and opened fire. One of the suspects was hit.

Notice how the deliveryman was attacked PRIOR to showing/drawing his handgun? I do believe he must have looked like easy pickings for the assailants, otherwise the attack would likely not have occurred.

Primus

He was robbed by 4 dudes. How is that a win? He shot 1. Then other 3 got away. So where's the win?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
He was robbed by 4 dudes. How is that a win? He shot 1. Then other 3 got away. So where's the win?

Yup. g21sfpistol keeps posting stories of people who are actually robbed, and forced to draw or even fire their weapon in self-defense, and describing it as a "win". Permit me to beg to differ. :rolleyes:

(sarcasm) Plus, this guy is just passing the problem on to the nearest pregnant mother to be immediately, well, victimized somehow, by the 3 surviving thugs. (/sarcasm)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Refusal to abide by the forum directive that we look to normalize open carry of holstered handguns as we go about our everyday life via continued misdirection, red herrings, and similar + refusal to accept moderation has earned a coveted spot on my watch list.

Giving examples of self-defense via a CCd handgun shows that CC is better than OC? I don't think so.

Fallschirjmäger

I hate to be the one to have to break it to ya, dude, so I'll try and put this as gently as I can.

The only "Win" will be when you can post an instance of concealed carry stopping an attack.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Why are we continuing to feed this troll?

I can only speak for myself, but it's because he's a hoot.

I know, I know. Trolling generally isn't funny. But this guy has been an exception.

Granted, he is becoming a little monotonous at this point; posting old stories we've all heard before, and making our point for us in precisely the same fashion over and over again... My guess is his shelf life is nearing its end.

WalkingWolf

I am ashamed to say it, but poking fun at imbeciles is fun. Not saying anybody is a imbecile, just that it is fun to poke them.

Gallowmere

I am ashamed to say it, but poking fun at imbeciles is fun. Not saying anybody is a imbecile, just that it is fun to poke them.

Poking fun at imbeciles is good harmless fun. Picking on the slow kid in class might be construed as cruel. I have yet to figure out precisely which type of case we are dealing with here. ;)

Jack House

A while back in Louisiana there was a commotion going on outside my hotel room. I was working in Louisiana, this was a work night and it was past midnight. I was not happy. I poked my head out the door to see what was going on. Dude was getting really aggressive with his old lady next door. For whatever reason, I told him to shut his trap. He turned to me and started moving in my direction like he wanted a fight. Without thinking and on instinct, I flipped on the porch light, stepped outside the door, stood tall and crossed my arms. He saw my gun and he went cold, fast. No longer was he raging like a lunatic, now he's apologizing profusely and promising to leave. He quickly tucked tail and ran home.

A while later I was chillin at another friend's room one night and he was next door talking to someone. Whatever, I didn't care. His old lady was chilling with us and we were having a grand ole time. After a while I decide to head out, can't remember where I went. No sooner do I leave than does the moron decide it's a great time to try and strangle his old lady. My friend pulled him off her, beat him up and called the police. He was arrested, end of story.

OC works. It keeps people from doing stupid things.

Dougcr

The "tactical advantage" of CC allows him to draw his weapon faster than someone who Open Carries. It's true, ask him.

LOL! yeah, and that is why you never see anyone CC in a competition on "Tactical TV" on the Sportsman channel, it all out in the open on the hip because it's faster :)

Gallowmere

LOL! yeah, and that is why you never see anyone CC in a competition on "Tactical TV" on the Sportsman channel, it all out in the open on the hip because it's faster :)

Clearly, they do not practice drawing from concealment, whilst following Get Off the X enough. They are not on G21's level. How dare you even bring them up? ;)