• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio State University Open Carry/Firearm Education Walk

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
OSU Open Carry on YouTube!

Less than nine minutes, in all resolutions, including 1080p.

Because this event was a lightning rod for controversy, I edited and published it first. Patriot's Day at the Ohio Statehouse will follow.
Now just hold on a minute there, pardner. Clearly you're as bad as the mainstream media with your selective editing.
icon_evil.gif

Wasn't the quad full of people before those armed desperadoes with their sidearms and evil long arms stormed onto it? Where are the scenes of hordes of people running for their lives??

Where are the "students who were alarmed" as one person put it, kind of like the "members of the public who were alarmed" at the sight of participants in the Defense Walks a decade ago? What have you done with THOSE scenes, huh? Why didn't you talk to people afterwards and tell them things like "Open carry BAD, concealed carry GOOD!" - and get that on videotape?

Where are the scenes of the people who when politely offered literature, instead remembered that they had something more important to do, like throwing themselves in front of a moving vehicle?

Where are the scenes with people, when, after concluding pleasant, informative conversations with the participants, whispered to each other "Thank God we escaped with our lives!!"

And finally, where are the scenes of where the participants, when in the close quarters of the public sidewalks, caused bystanders to scatter in terror?

Oh, you "forgot" to include those scenes, did you??

icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice video, and good music too. I'm glad you attended and made up your own mind.

MyWifeSaidYes

I watched the video.

At one point, some armed clown turns his butt to a cameraman.

Since he did not have burritos for breakfast, no one was harmed.

:p

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...R.C. 2901.01(Q) "School" means any school operated by a board of education, any community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, or any nonpublic school for which the state board of education prescribes minimum standards under section 3301.07 of the Revised Code, whether or not any instruction, extracurricular activities, or training provided by the school is being conducted at the time a criminal offense is committed.
Do you mean 2925.01(Q)?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I just peaked in over here from my usual haunts in the Virginia forum and I must say I am mighty proud to see this kind of action by Ohioans at OSU! Nice job folks, very nice job. These simple steps of activism and demonstration that normal people carrying guns are just what people need to see. You know this, but it's worth hearing again. Excellent!

:)