Thread: Lawful detainment ?

Lawful detainment ?

Can you be lawfully detained, ID-ed and disarmed if the officers "reasonable suspicion" is the fact they don't know the law? Example,(Open carry fishing). I know there is a loop whole for the IDing. All they have to do is ask for my fishing license, but no cop has ever been that crafty in my experiences. Statute 901.151 does not really go into lack of knowledge on behalf of the officer. Just throwing this out there to see what I get.
    Last edited by Sritt1020; 04-17-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Welcome to OCDO.

PC/RAS is at the discretion of the supervising judge, and not subject to criticism by you, the victim/subject/arrestee. You may beat their rap (the charges) but you will not beat the ride (the extra-legal harassment).

Your post, to which I respond, is barely intelligible.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sritt1020 View Post
    Can you be lawfully detained, ID-ed and disarmed if the officers "reasonable suspicion" is the fact they don't know the law? Example,(Open carry fishing). I know there is a loop whole for the IDing. All they have to do is ask for my fishing license, but no cop has ever been that crafty in my experiences. Statute 901.151 does not really go into lack of knowledge on behave the officer. Just throwing this out there to see what I get.
    You are under no legal obligation to present your fishing license unless the LEO has reasonable suspicion to believe you were in violation of the fishing regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Welcome to OCDO.

PC/RAS is at the discretion of the supervising judge, and not subject to criticism by you, the victim/subject/arrestee. You may beat their rap (the charges) but you will not beat the ride (the extra-legal harassment).

Your post, to which I respond, is barely intelligible.
    Put your cheaters on, the op is better than some, not as good ad others.

To the OP, disregard the drive-by post.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare