• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawful detainment ?

Sritt1020

Can you be lawfully detained, ID-ed and disarmed if the officers "reasonable suspicion" is the fact they don't know the law? Example,(Open carry fishing). I know there is a loop whole for the IDing. All they have to do is ask for my fishing license, but no cop has ever been that crafty in my experiences. Statute 901.151 does not really go into lack of knowledge on behalf of the officer. Just throwing this out there to see what I get.

Last edited:

notalawyer

Can you be lawfully detained, ID-ed and disarmed if the officers "reasonable suspicion" is the fact they don't know the law? Example,(Open carry fishing). I know there is a loop whole for the IDing. All they have to do is ask for my fishing license, but no cop has ever been that crafty in my experiences. Statute 901.151 does not really go into lack of knowledge on behave the officer. Just throwing this out there to see what I get.

You are under no legal obligation to present your fishing license unless the LEO has reasonable suspicion to believe you were in violation of the fishing regulations.

OC for ME

Welcome to OCDO.

PC/RAS is at the discretion of the supervising judge, and not subject to criticism by you, the victim/subject/arrestee. You may beat their rap (the charges) but you will not beat the ride (the extra-legal harassment).

Your post, to which I respond, is barely intelligible.
Put your cheaters on, the op is better than some, not as good ad others.

To the OP, disregard the drive-by post.