Thread: What is SCCC's position on open carry?

What is SCCC's position on open carry?

I have a notion, but I'd prefer that it be independently verified.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I'd imagine you'll get a response akin to OCDO's regarding LGOC:

That isn't our goal, though we support the Right for someone to start an organization with that goal if they so choose.

I wouldn't blame them for it, just like I don't blame OCDO for its stance on LGOC. Sometimes a scalpel can be more useful than a meat cleaver, or a spotlight instead of a floodlight, etc.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I'd imagine you'll get a response akin to OCDO's regarding LGOC:

That isn't our goal, though we support the Right for someone to start an organization with that goal if they so choose.

I wouldn't blame them for it, just like I don't blame OCDO for its stance on LGOC. Sometimes a scalpel can be more useful than a meat cleaver, or a spotlight instead of a floodlight, etc.
    No, I don't mean OC as a goal, I mean OC as a legal thing to do in order to press for CC. For instance, in Ohio, that's what Ohioans for Concealed Carry did.

And of course, sometimes a meat cleaver is more useful than a scalpel, etc.

Assuming you are referring to Scottsdale Community College or what exactly are you guys talking about? all the Acronyms are getting the best of me lol. If you are stating what I believe you are stating: Open Carry on campus would be a best bet since we can't get CC. Then I would say that is not gonna fly. Look around your class, unless you have nothing but Criminal Justice classes I bet that many students would be more freaked out over the idea of OC instead of CC. That and can you imagine how much easier it would be for an active shooter to know who is carrying and to make sure to take them out first? CC has major advantages on and off college campuses nationwide. Although I prefer to OC since it is so hot and Arizona and I do believe it is a silent deter-ant without you really knowing/thinking about it, I do think CC would be the best choice on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    Assuming you are referring to Scottsdale Community College or what exactly are you guys talking about? all the Acronyms are getting the best of me lol.
    SCCC = Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    Assuming you are referring to Scottsdale Community College or what exactly are you guys talking about?...
    Although your question has already been answered, as a hint, look at the title of this subforum.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I should have posted this when it came out, but I never got around to it. Sorry.

http://concealedcampus.org/2014/04/w...ry-k-12-carry/

Quote Originally Posted by SCCC
    Why SCC doesn’t take positions on unlicensed carry, open carry, or k-12 carry
    by Kurt Mueller on April 24, 2014

SCC has one main policy objective: To promote and secure the rights of law abiding adults who 1) have a concealed carry permit to be able to carry 2) a concealed handgun while visiting a 3) college campus.

So naturally, we are asked from time to time why we don’t argue in favor of unlicensed carry, open carry, or k-12 carry.

The reason is two fold: we lack the expertise, and we lack the resources."
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 05-05-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke