• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what do you carry and how?

Jayne&Vera

I have a glock I bought 18 years ago and have carried it for duty ever since. Its been holstered, unholstered and reholstered so many times it is showing its wear... A good firearm isnt one someone tells you is good. A good firearm isnt a pretty one firearm either. A good firearm is one that stands the test of time and fits your hand to a T.

Agreed Glock1st: A decade of use (thought I don't have time or $ to practice at your level) hasn't slowed that XD at all. I specifically purchased it for duty & personal carry because it was torture tested the same way as Glocks & I liked the additional passive safety.

On the other hands... my wife carries her SR9C in a Serpa wherever she goes, though usually overhung by a shirt. I like it though the full size grip looks a little odd to my eye. More importantly, I'd prefer a "group standard" and am giving serious thought to changing to it. Careful thought to switching to Safariland from BH holsters too.

She's probably had more conversations about carry than I. Guess women don't feel half the social taboo to NOT look closely at other's body & cloths, and my HH6's more approachable by strangers to ask questions than I as well.

ddillman

Depends on the mood.

Depending on my mood....I carry a Glock 22 Gen 3 .40 OR a .380 Bersa Thunder. Some days I just choose to carry the smaller gun.

Jordan6679

I finally purchased a new holster I like for my model 66 Smith, it carries awesome!
9e2enysa.jpg

OldCurlyWolf

I normally carry a Delta Elite with a minimum of 3 mags plus 1 (25 rounds). I recently acquired a few more magazines, 4 more 8 round capacity and 4 9 round capacity. I currently carry 5 mags plus 1 (41 rounds).
I also have a S&W model 410 .40 cal. 3 10 rounders and 3 11 rounders +1 gives me 64 rounds handy. I don't plan on being low on ammo if the occasion arises that their use becomes necessary.

:cool:

Jayne&Vera

Daily Carry

I normally carry a Delta Elite with a minimum of 3 mags plus ... gives me 64 rounds handy. I don't plan on being low on ammo if the occasion arises that their use becomes necessary.

Good Lord, Curly!
I don't know about the rest of your EDC but how do you even have room for car keys? :eek:

Robert318

I normally carry a Delta Elite with a minimum of 3 mags plus 1 (25 rounds). I recently acquired a few more magazines, 4 more 8 round capacity and 4 9 round capacity. I currently carry 5 mags plus 1 (41 rounds).
I also have a S&W model 410 .40 cal. 3 10 rounders and 3 11 rounders +1 gives me 64 rounds handy. I don't plan on being low on ammo if the occasion arises that their use becomes necessary.

Dang, thats a lot. There is being prepared and then there is curly wolf, lol.

On a side note thou it makes me wonder if you ever used it would the DA/courts/jury see it as self defense or premeditated because it sounds like your looking for a gun fight. Just a thought thou. Stay safe.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Dang, thats a lot. There is being prepared and then there is curly wolf, lol.

On a side note thou it makes me wonder if you ever used it would the DA/courts/jury see it as self defense or premeditated because it sounds like your looking for a gun fight. Just a thought thou. Stay safe.

Not likely that they would have a problem. I have been carrying since 1978 and have yet to need to fire one of my pistols other than for practice. 36 years without an incident is a good sign that I am not looking for trouble but am well prepared if it happens.

OldCurlyWolf

Good Lord, Curly!
I don't know about the rest of your EDC but how do you even have room for car keys? :eek:
I also carry a few knives.

1 Benchmade easy open model
1 Buck 110
1 Buck 327
1 Buck 375 ( little bitty thing, fits in my watch pocket)
1 Uncle Henry 385
1 Winchester Rancher 3 blade

They are all different sizes and have different uses.

I is the "ETERNAL BOY SCOUT". ALWAYS PREPARED.;)

Arin Morris

I'm the same way. In addition to my XDm, my EDC consists of my wallet, phone, multi-tool, knife, flashlight and even though I don't smoke, a lighter. Best to have it an not need it than need it and wished you had it.