Thread: What should one do when coming across this?

earth's crust

What should one do when coming across this?

I would have gone up and give an opposing position at the same time ... interrupt this guy again and again.

My freedom of speech...

Árida Zona
    We already knew they had a playbook:
    "You can't win by reason. Make it about emotion."

That's why I've said we should counter with a REASONED emotional response:

"What kind of monster would legislate away the protection of vulnerable individuals?"

"What kind of a monster would pass laws making our children sitting ducks in the classroom?"

"What kind of a monster would make a young college girl have only the option of vomiting or defacating on herself in hopes her attacker leaves her alone?"

"What kind of a monster would advocate for leaving women/children/elderly individuals/small individuals at the mercy of thugs?"

Ad infinitum. We can add emotion INTO our logical arguments; the antis can't say they're able to inject logic into their emotional arguments.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 04-19-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

White Oak Plantation
    No guns = less gun crime.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare