Thread: Its been a while

Its been a while

I (WE) started the guam thread years ago, and im glad to see how we all have flourished to be exceptional gun activist on Guam. I havnt posted in years due to a couple family problems that has long since been takend cared of and work schedules, but alot has changed since I last posted.

3 years ago I contacted then senator, and chairman of public safety Adolpho Palacios about having castle doctrine brought up to legislature citing that we need a law like this,
    Crime rate is rising and it would benefit the people of Guam. The whole time he spoke thru his secratary and I never got a chance to speak to him directly citing that he was "BUSY". I was entertained for a few days than with all my trys on contacting them again failed they stoped entertaining me, but a few years later enacted into law. Sadly numerous people had to suffer before the law makers finally opened there eyes to this basic concept of protecting ones self without criminal or civil penalties, and to the law makers you just gav us one tool to help defend ourselves thank you.

Now with concealed carry on the table at the legislature from changing the laws from "may to shall issue" guam just might be on the right track. They say "a armed society is a polite society" but from the words of uncle ben from spider man " with great power comes great responcibility", if passed I hope people who get a ccw permit take that in account since some people on Guam can be a little but sometimes hot headed for small things. One guy wanted to fight me because I accidently hit his truck door with my door harrasing me and all even when i appolagized, I hope he doesnt get a ccw permit. Anyways carry on Guam for once the law makers are staring to see the light and were just one step to a more safer crime free island.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-20-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by taotaogalu View Post
    SNIP...I was entertained for a few days than with all my trys on contacting them again failed they stoped entertaining me, but a few years later enacted into law. Sadly numerous people had to suffer before the law makers finally opened there eyes to this basic concept of protecting ones self without criminal or civil penalties, and to the law makers you just gav us one tool to help defend ourselves thank you. Now with concealed carry on the table at the legislature from changing the laws from "may to shall issue" guam just might be on the right track. They say "a armed society is a polite society" but from the words of uncle ben from spider man " with great power comes great responcibility", if passed I hope people who get a ccw permit take that in account since some people on Guam can be a little but sometimes hot headed for small things. One guy wanted to fight me because I accidently hit his truck door with my door harrasing me and all even when i appolagized, I hope he doesnt get a ccw permit. Anyways carry on Guam for once the law makers are staring to see the light and were just one step to a more safer crime free island.
    Greetings from sunny, dry Arizona, taotaogalu!
    Glad to hear Guam is headed in the right direction, and that "representatives" are finally listening to the people they are supposed to serve.

I'd have to say that even if some bad apples get CCW permits, it's much better to have EVERYONE armed than to legislate arms away from Law-Abiding Citizens and hope the criminal element disarms itself (the antis seem to think this will happen).

Hope you guys get more good news your way soon.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Centurion

Looking forward to seeing Shall Issue passed.

Quote Originally Posted by taotaogalu View Post
    I (WE) started the guam thread years ago, and im glad to see how we all have flourished to be exceptional gun activist on Guam. I havnt posted in years due to a couple family problems that has long since been takend cared of and work schedules, but alot has changed since I last posted. 3 years ago I contacted then senator, and chairman of public safety Adolpho Palacios about having castle doctrine brought up to legislature citing that we need a law like this,
    Crime rate is rising and it would benefit the people of Guam. The whole time he spoke thru his secratary and I never got a chance to speak to him directly citing that he was
    "BUSY". I was entertained for a few days than with all my trys on contacting them again failed they stoped entertaining me, but a few years later enacted into law. Sadly numerous people had to suffer before the law makers finally opened there eyes to this basic concept of protecting ones self without criminal or civil penalties, and to the law makers you just gav us one tool to help defend ourselves thank you. Now with concealed carry on the table at the legislature from changing the laws from "may to shall issue" guam just might be on the right track. They say "a armed society is a polite society" but from the words of uncle ben from spider man " with great power comes great responcibility", if passed I hope people who get a ccw permit take that in account since some people on Guam can be a little but sometimes hot headed for small things. One guy wanted to fight me because I accidently hit his truck door with my door harrasing me and all even when i appolagized, I hope he doesnt get a ccw permit. Anyways carry on Guam for once the law makers are staring to see the light and were just one step to a more safer crime free island.
    With seven sponsors and cosponsors, out of 8 needed to pass the legislation, it looks good.

Any idea of the timing on it?

Im not to sure on timing, the media hasnt printed or spoken of it since but we have high hopes. If passed we need more people like you to train whomever wants a ccw permit.

"The are of fighting is no fighting"
    Bruce Lee