Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns on the beach

Campaign Veteran

Guns on the beach

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Carrying guns on the beach may be legal, but it's not civil: Guest opinion

Some small measure of duct tale and antacid required to read that drivel w/o some pain.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I guess that the author of the article wants more people at the beach armed; a likely outcome for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SNIP...Some small measure of duct tale and antacid required to read that drivel w/o some pain.
    If you thought the self-aggrandizement of the article was bad, don't read the comments coming in real time. Some forego all rational thought.
    And humans are classified as "intelligent life"? Maybe THAT is a generalization.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Thumbs down

People like Dustin are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns.Leave the rifle at home!

Seeing one gun in a Speedo is bad enough...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Ed69 View Post
    People like Dustin are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns.Leave the rifle at home!
    Why do you hate freedom?

Banned
    Positive, negative ... its a right. I understand that people think it puts guns owners in bad light. But that's what they currently say about pistol OC too (hide that thing, its scaring me).

If the guy was OCing a handgun, would people say the same? Certainly, some would.

How is this a negative? He carried and did not harm a fly...if he would have saved some crazy shooter then all would be different, right?

I understand why some people do not like rifle carry; I understand why people don't like handgun carry. It does not bother me at all.

Perhaps more will now carry at the beach ... their shyness taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Why do you hate freedom?
    Ed69, a similar argument is usually leveled at OCers...from the CC-only crowd. See if this sounds familiar:

"People who OC are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns. They alarm people, cause 911 calls, and give gun owners a bad image. Conceal your gun and go about your day!" - somewhat generalized-yet-cumulative phrase encompassing some of the arguments we get from CC-only trolls on OCDO, or what you read in the comments of CC-only sites.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Why do you hate freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Positive, negative ... its a right. I understand that people think it puts guns owners in bad light. But that's what they currently say about pistol OC too (hide that thing, its scaring me).

If the guy was OCing a handgun, would people say the same? Certainly, some would.

How is this a negative? He carried and did not harm a fly...if he would have saved some crazy shooter then all would be different, right?

I understand why some people do not like rifle carry; I understand why people don't like handgun carry. It does not bother me at all.

Perhaps more will now carry at the beach ... their shyness taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Ed69, a similar argument is usually leveled at OCers...from the CC-only crowd. See if this sounds familiar:

"People who OC are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns. They alarm people, cause 911 calls, and give gun owners a bad image. Conceal your gun and go about your day!" - somewhat generalized-yet-cumulative phrase encompassing some of the arguments we get from CC-only trolls on OCDO, or what you read in the comments of CC-only sites.
    I've been using OC & CC for 24 years with no problems.There is a time and place for both,but especially with a rifle.

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Do you think the average person would differentiate between a rifle slung vs. at the ready?It is your right to carry that rifle,but you are creating fear and at some point if the sheep out number us in the vote................What happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You had to mention that didn't you. Just the memory causes severe eye strain.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

I've been using OC & CC for 24 years with no problems.There is a time and place for both,but especially with a rifle.

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Do you think the average person would differentiate between a rifle slung vs. at the ready?It is your right to carry that rifle,but you are creating fear and at some point if the sheep out number us in the vote................What happens next?

Thank you for your opinion. Those of us that actually support freedom do not ridicule or condemn the manner or method others choose to display it.

Ah, I see now, rifles are more scary than pistols, OK.

Thank you for your opinion. Those of us that actually support freedom do not ridicule or condemn the manner or method others choose to display it.

Ah, I see now, rifles are more scary than pistols, OK.
    Actually, yes they are to some people.

That and there is our Forum Rule #14

How did that dude steal my idea and my name? ;-)
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I guess that the author of the article wants more people at the beach armed; a likely outcome for the story.
    The plans are already being made.

Same argument the CC only crowd uses when discussing OCers. Oh look, see below.....

Yup, hear it a lot. Funny thing how people are okay with YOU exercising your rights as long as you exercise them when, where, and the way THEY think you should.

Hmmm didn't BLM try that with the 1st Amendment at Bunkerville? Yeah, how'd that work out for them?

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Not according to the federal government which requisitions M4's as "personal defensive weapons". Hmmmm double standard for the anointed ones and the peons?
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Wink Oregon beach

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Maybe not - does Oregon get enough sun to tan?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tan_lines.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	11523  

Ok boys you have yours and I have mine.Don't come asking for help when it all goess to ****,good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok boys you have yours and I have mine.Don't come asking for help when it all goess to ****,good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where did that come from?

We're not attacking YOU, or your character, or your CHOICE; we're only pointing out the double-standard that seems to have rubbed off on you or that you weren't aware of.

Granted, I don't LGOC, but I'm not going to disparage someone for exercising their Rights in a safe, law-abiding manner, which is the same courtesy I would expect from others when I exercise my RKBA by OCing. It's that Golden Rule idea.

Now where are those pictures of the Israel army gals with their M16s on the beach in their bikinis.

Here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=isra...Q&ved=0CCUQsAQ
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-26-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Come on, you're from Washington, you know that in the Pacific Northwest we don't tan... we rust.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Now where are those pictures of the Israel army gals with their M16s on the beach in their bikinis.

Here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=isra...Q&ved=0CCUQsAQ
    Maybe this is the direction the thread should have taken initially. Less animosity, in any case.

As to the Israeli soldiers with guns at the beach, it seems they are required to carry at all times, including when off base (such as the beach). Oddly enough, the rifles seem not to have a magazine attached, and with the girls dressed as they are, I'd imagine they don't carry them.

Maybe this is the direction the thread should have taken initially. Less animosity, in any case.

As to the Israeli soldiers with guns at the beach, it seems they are required to carry at all times, including when off base (such as the beach). Oddly enough, the rifles seem not to have a magazine attached, and with the girls dressed as they are, I'd imagine they don't carry them.
    Area of interest on which most agree - just be careful.

Most all of the rifles had magazines or were likely close at hand..........maybe you were looking the wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Area of interest on which most agree - just be careful.

Most all of the rifles had magazines or were likely close at hand..........maybe you were looking the wrong place
    Well, when they look at you with eyes like these, it's difficult to look anywhere else:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAJYUK61.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	11528

Besides, I wouldn't want to risk offending the ladies' honour or dignity. They are ladies, after all.

Name:	imagesCANTHWY1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	11529
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 04-26-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Well, when they look at you with eyes like these, it's difficult to look anywhere else:

Name:	imagesCAJYUK61.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	11528

--snipped--
    They have a plan on how to kill everyone in the room - look into their eyes and know fear

I do take note that no one is hollering "Off Topic" or thread "Highjack."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast