• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns on the beach

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...Some small measure of duct tale and antacid required to read that drivel w/o some pain.

If you thought the self-aggrandizement of the article was bad, don't read the comments coming in real time.:( Some forego all rational thought.:D
And humans are classified as "intelligent life"? Maybe THAT is a generalization.:lol:

Ed69

People like Dustin are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns.Leave the rifle at home!

davidmcbeth

Banned
People like Dustin are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns.Leave the rifle at home!

Positive, negative ... its a right. I understand that people think it puts guns owners in bad light. But that's what they currently say about pistol OC too (hide that thing, its scaring me).

If the guy was OCing a handgun, would people say the same? Certainly, some would.

How is this a negative? He carried and did not harm a fly...if he would have saved some crazy shooter then all would be different, right?

I understand why some people do not like rifle carry; I understand why people don't like handgun carry. It does not bother me at all.

Perhaps more will now carry at the beach ... their shyness taken away.

Rusty Young Man

Why do you hate freedom?

Ed69, a similar argument is usually leveled at OCers...from the CC-only crowd. See if this sounds familiar:

"People who OC are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns. They alarm people, cause 911 calls, and give gun owners a bad image. Conceal your gun and go about your day!" - somewhat generalized-yet-cumulative phrase encompassing some of the arguments we get from CC-only trolls on OCDO, or what you read in the comments of CC-only sites.

Ed69

Why do you hate freedom?

Positive, negative ... its a right. I understand that people think it puts guns owners in bad light. But that's what they currently say about pistol OC too (hide that thing, its scaring me).

If the guy was OCing a handgun, would people say the same? Certainly, some would.

How is this a negative? He carried and did not harm a fly...if he would have saved some crazy shooter then all would be different, right?

I understand why some people do not like rifle carry; I understand why people don't like handgun carry. It does not bother me at all.

Perhaps more will now carry at the beach ... their shyness taken away.

Ed69, a similar argument is usually leveled at OCers...from the CC-only crowd. See if this sounds familiar:

"People who OC are not helping with the negative view the public at large has about guns. They alarm people, cause 911 calls, and give gun owners a bad image. Conceal your gun and go about your day!" - somewhat generalized-yet-cumulative phrase encompassing some of the arguments we get from CC-only trolls on OCDO, or what you read in the comments of CC-only sites.

I've been using OC & CC for 24 years with no problems.There is a time and place for both,but especially with a rifle.

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Do you think the average person would differentiate between a rifle slung vs. at the ready?It is your right to carry that rifle,but you are creating fear and at some point if the sheep out number us in the vote................What happens next?

notalawyer

I've been using OC & CC for 24 years with no problems.There is a time and place for both,but especially with a rifle.

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Do you think the average person would differentiate between a rifle slung vs. at the ready?It is your right to carry that rifle,but you are creating fear and at some point if the sheep out number us in the vote................What happens next?

Thank you for your opinion. Those of us that actually support freedom do not ridicule or condemn the manner or method others choose to display it.

Ah, I see now, rifles are more scary than pistols, OK.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thank you for your opinion. Those of us that actually support freedom do not ridicule or condemn the manner or method others choose to display it.

Ah, I see now, rifles are more scary than pistols, OK.
Actually, yes they are to some people.

That and there is our Forum Rule #14

We-the-People

I guess that the author of the article wants more people at the beach armed; a likely outcome for the story.
The plans are already being made.

Same argument the CC only crowd uses when discussing OCers. Oh look, see below.....

Yup, hear it a lot. Funny thing how people are okay with YOU exercising your rights as long as you exercise them when, where, and the way THEY think you should.

Hmmm didn't BLM try that with the 1st Amendment at Bunkerville? Yeah, how'd that work out for them?

Rifle=Offensive weapon

Pistol=Deffensive weapon

Not according to the federal government which requisitions M4's as "personal defensive weapons". Hmmmm double standard for the anointed ones and the peons?

Rusty Young Man

Ok boys you have yours and I have mine.Don't come asking for help when it all goess to ****,good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did that come from?

We're not attacking YOU, or your character, or your CHOICE; we're only pointing out the double-standard that seems to have rubbed off on you or that you weren't aware of.

Granted, I don't LGOC, but I'm not going to disparage someone for exercising their Rights in a safe, law-abiding manner, which is the same courtesy I would expect from others when I exercise my RKBA by OCing. It's that Golden Rule idea.