• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to say when people complain they are "uncomfortable" because of your gun?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
mp06011999 said:
If you keep looking you'll find out about the comment he made to a friend about going to stop it. Or the article I read last year got that wrong too.

While I was not there I cannot know FOR SURE if he should or should not have acted. I'm "guessing" not. Again, the report was that HE approached the male killer and not the other way around. We were talking about "not trying to be a hero". On the limited info I have on it I believe he erred...and it cost him his life.

My point was to say "don't try to be a hero" just because you have a gun.

... I realized... If I'm right, if I'm wrong, what's it matter...

Well, if you post something that's wrong, as a statement of fact, then yes, it matters. Which is why this forum puts the burden of citation on the claimant, especially if someone asks for it because it wasn't widely known.

I'm not disputing his movements toward the killer. Nor am I disputing his failure. You had a valid point that you lost in your biased, factually incorrect analysis.

I thought I'd read it all about this case, and remember nothing about his bravado to his buddy. That seems hard to search for. Telling me to "keep looking" is like telling someone to "read the Bible" to find the part that backs up something you said. ([joseph wilcox "I'm going to stop this"] returns zero results.)

Even "reliable" news articles get stuff wrong all the time, which is why a citation helps everyone see the source to determine its validity, if questioned. And hey, maybe it really happened, in which case I need to know how to incorporate that into my future discussions, too.

Last edited:

mtlhdtodd

Some beers taste the way they do because the reminder wasn't heeded? Also the color and foamy head make them look so much alike it might be problematic.......that should make anyone 'uncomfortable.'

Do you know why beer goes thru you so fast?

It doesn't have to stop and change color along the way!!!

Ezek

yes, no life.. cause it apparently belongs to the company that owns the shop that I am required to work in 10.5 hours a day.. not including lunch.

aaaah corporate slavery, gotta love it.

solus

snipppp...

And the web is littered with more misinformation than information. Like I'm gonna stop that....

snippppp....

I'll stop posting unless I feel it is really important. Better to do that than to devalue my posts.

last bold comment...do not stop posting because what you believe is insignificant, someone else might need that tidbit of information and could in fact save someone future judicial distress.

first bold next...ya you are going to stop the spread of misinformation by assuring you do your research for your posts so they are as accurate as the information you wish to glean from this broad-based group of highly intelligent members who are located across this country and have a huge experience base in a gaggle of subject matter.

as you found out today, where you slung emotionally generated bovine slosh w/o a cite while trying to impress, you quickly discerned, as you got immediately called out, you insulted some members who rightly hold the descendant in esteem.

welcome, stick around and understand the majority are looking to share our knowledge as well as learn from those who have different interest(s).

ipse

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

Not everyone needs to be called out, or told over and over again why they were called out. I, for one, prefer to be left alone rather than gloated over by vultures. I prefer to learn from the quiet experiences of others, than from those who assume that I'm their pupil and continuously vomit their ersatz wisdom all over me and expect me to thank them.

I have to remind myself like with the OP question, what do you say to these people? In my head I answer, "Thanks for the free advice, it was worth every penny."

twoskinsonemanns

getting into a full on gun fight in the middle of a populated area is a dramatic increase in probability of additional casualties by your own doing do to missed shots.

Ugh. Heard this often enough from antis as a good reason the commoners shouldn't be armed. I suppose the safest course of action is for lead to fly in just one direction and hope the ammo runs out before your time does.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
How much you want to bet that there is a stark contrast in the collateral damage by cop versus the collateral damage by armed citizen?

OC for ME

How much you want to bet that there is a stark contrast in the collateral damage by cop versus the collateral damage by armed citizen?
When someone else is picking up the tab for a your collateral damage your concern for the collateral damage is diminished to some degree. Me, I'm on the hook 100%...I'm more reticent.

Ezek

Ugh. Heard this often enough from antis as a good reason the commoners shouldn't be armed. I suppose the safest course of action is for lead to fly in just one direction and hope the ammo runs out before your time does.

Not meant as an anti argument more of a knock off the whole devil may care, gung ho attitude for mr dog, since his attitude tells me his training is mostly all in his head and not on paper down range, or if your range is cool.. On paper that is moving while down range..

And going head on into it doesn't give you time to really line up shots, taking cover and lining up from behind it does.

sudden valley gunner

I will protect others who may not be myself or my own. Not a sheep dog. Just feel its natural to protect others of our species when they are under attack.

I do notice a seeming correlation between those who adamantly oppose to carry for any other purpose than self defense and those who are opposed to a voluntary society.........just saying.

FTG-05

I got news for the sheep. My Plan A is to haul ass and leave them.

I agree with this statement. As long, of course, you understand that the words "haul ass" are gonna be pretty limited by my +60 year old arthritic knees! :cuss:

And thanks to Grape for taking out the tro.... uh I mean trash! :banana:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree with this statement. As long, of course, you understand that the words "haul ass" are gonna be pretty limited by my +60 year old arthritic knees! :cuss:

And thanks to Grape for taking out the tro.... uh I mean trash! :banana:

Cleaning out the trash from under the bridge improves the scenery and keeps the pond from being polluted.:)

Logan 5

So I am curious what people say to try and help such people, who seem genuinely, though irrationally, frightened?

Peter
Invite them to the shooting range and educate them.

Same thing for Open Carriers. DON'T BE A JERK.
I betcha 99% of the folks here say the crap they’re saying in order to vent their frustrations with the system and the imbeciles and morons that are enslaved there.

For those of you who say the public is on their own, I have to say I'm shocked.

Do I have a hero mentality? Probably, but that's why I chose the warrior's path. I'm ready to trade shots with joe dirtbag so joe public can his kids down to the park. When I strapped on those guns I considered myself already a deadman because I know fear is the mindkiller, and when you've eliminated the fear of death you're able to fight longer and harder.

Will I take a bullet to ensure the safeties, rights, and liberties of the American people are kept safeguarded. You better believe it. I have no doubt my story will end with my life's blood gushing out onto a dingy street corner as I use my last breathe to fight the good fight. That's why my seat at the table of warriors has been assured.

So be it. If this website has no desire to have real warriors around, I'm outta here!!!:mad::mad::mad:
No sir, you seem to have the kind of mentality that sparks incidents like Sandy Hook and Charleston.

Castle Rock v. Gonzales 545 U.S. 748 (2005) ruled their only duty is to enforce the law in general, to protect property, and prevent civil disorder.
No sir, it was if anything a ruling in that case that cops have no obligation to serve and protect any of us. Sad, but nauseatingly true. I am not saying this to be anti-cop, but the truth of the matter is that cops are, nearly everytime, there to clean up the mess. How often are they right there when it happens? Yeah, I know. They are and have been and will again in the future. However, if that cop see your wife getting gang raped that cop can walk away and likely not be charged. I remember that case very well.