Thread: How do I file a complaint against a moderator?

How do I file a complaint against a moderator?

I have had a problem with a moderator that not only has not read what I said, but has gone far enough to outright lie in public. How do I file a complaint against him?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    I have had a problem with a moderator that not only has not read what I said, but has gone far enough to outright lie in public. How do I file a complaint against him?
    Mike Stollenwerk is the owner of the site. His Username is Mike.

Good luck.

Banned
    Grape is normally a fair handed moderator ... but he does have his day

Send the moderator a PM and leave it at that ...

My view: if it is not going to matter in 100yrs, say your piece, forget about it, and move on.

You posted the following as the FIRST reply to a new member's straightforward question:

Velkome to ze kommuneest state oov Kolorado, herr Shooter23! Sieg heil!
    (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...59#post2053959)

Not a very good impression, and a bad first impression for the new member (been there myself, and my apology may have come too late).
    Think Mike (Super Moderator) or John Pierce (Administrator) will give that much credibility?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

complaint

my experience with moderated sites is that they are not a democracy. If you do something against the rules, you'll get slapped on the wrist. Do it enough and you'll get banned. That's just the way it is. The Mods always resort to telling you that nobody forces you to be here so if you don't play by the rules, you're going to get a time out occasionally, if not permanently.
    Last edited by RK3369; 04-21-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The most direct route is to send John Pierce a PM - John is the site administrator. Mike normally isn't as involved with day-to-day activity. Strongly suggest including links to thread(s) where the claimed "outright lie" occured in public.

Also don't make unsubstantiated statements (i.e. "moderator that not only has not read what I said") as that will greatly reduce your credibility.

BTW - we do attempt to moderate with a light hand, most often by simple reply, but there are other options available. I don't imtimidate and I don't lie. The latter could easily be considered a personal attack.

I've been doing this for a long time and have a very good handle on what is acceptable and what is not. I will always defer to John's direction/intent. There is nothing personal (no vendetta) attached to what I do.

We all (at least many of us) are very passionate about our rights and resist any attempt to curtail them. Just be aware of where you are and read the forum rules.

Sorry that you felt the need to go public with your dissatisfaction. A PM might have cleared up your POV, but you can't unring the bell. I can tell you that now that you know the proper procedure, further threads of this nature will be dealt with specifically. While I frequently do explain my position, such is not required nor is advance notice of infractions.

Locking this thread as I consider the matter (communication regarding a Moderator) closed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.