• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston Texas

davidmcbeth

Banned
Primary purpose was to stop the threat. The homeowner did that.

I wonder what the cops thought of this when they got there a 1/2 later.

Only idiots try to break into people's houses when they are home ....

Hope he has learned his lesson and becomes a contributing member of society.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Juvenile recidivism trends - Texas Juvenile Justice ...
GrsFs1YZIGylVh38FGACk4rlPEtOaLAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

www.tjjd.texas.gov/statistics/.../Recidivism%20Trends.pdf‎Texas
time, converted to a percent. ▫Ex: “Of juveniles adjudicated to probation in FY. 2009, 50% were re-arrested in three years.” DEFINITION OF A RECIDIVISM RATE.

[PDF]Statewide Criminal Justice Recidivism and Revocation Rates

www.lbb.state.tx.us/...Rates/Statewide%20Criminal%20Justice%20Recidi...‎
by LB BOARD - ‎2013 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
Statewide Criminal Justice. Recidivism and Revocation Rates. SUBMITTED TO THE 83RD TEXAS LEGISLATURE. LEGISLATIVE BUDGET BOARD STAFF.

Last edited:

FlyBoy276

Primary purpose was to stop the threat. The homeowner did that.

Juvenile recidivism trends - Texas Juvenile Justice ...

www.tjjd.texas.gov/statistics/.../Recidivism%20Trends.pdf‎Texas
time, converted to a percent. ▫Ex: “Of juveniles adjudicated to probation in FY. 2009, 50% were re-arrested in three years.” DEFINITION OF A RECIDIVISM RATE.

[PDF]Statewide Criminal Justice Recidivism and Revocation Rates

www.lbb.state.tx.us/...Rates/Statewide%20Criminal%20Justice%20Recidi...‎
by LB BOARD - ‎2013 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
Statewide Criminal Justice. Recidivism and Revocation Rates. SUBMITTED TO THE 83RD TEXAS LEGISLATURE. LEGISLATIVE BUDGET BOARD STAFF.
So, if the victims higher aim results in the criminal's inability to commit crime (or breathe) again, does that stop the threat of recidivism? ;) 2birds1stone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So, if the victims higher aim results in the criminal's inability to commit crime (or breathe) again, does that stop the threat of recidivism? ;) 2birds1stone.
That is true, BUT such thinking paints us as judge, jury, & executioner - AND puts the shooter in the position of possibly having to defend their action(s) as justifiable or excusable to a very serious homicide charge.

Judicious application of deadly force suggested - be right the first time as there is no "do over."

OC for ME

That is true, BUT such thinking paints us as judge, jury, & executioner - AND puts the shooter in the position of possibly having to defend their action(s) as justifiable or excusable to a very serious homicide charge.

Judicious application of deadly force suggested - be right the first time as there is no "do over."
I'll go out on a limb and state that Texas juvenile recidivism rates are not likely anywhere in the victims shoot/no shoot decision making process. It would not be on my checklist.

What, the victim hit the lower part of a B-29 target, in the 7-8 ring? Not bad given the situation I suspect.

HPmatt

This house was down the street from by best friend growing up.
The article along with the video said the perp later died from wounds.
Recidivism rate w/b zero for him (not being prejudice assume it was a guy).

Was thinking t/b shot 2x with a 357 should do a lot of damage, and it did.