• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nullify this guy's possible conviction - 65yr old w/"assault weapon" charges

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nullify this guy's possible conviction - 65yr old w/"assault weapon" charges

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...ssault-rifle-high-capacity-magazines-cops-say

James Toigo, 258 Housatonic Dr., was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and three counts of possessing large-capacity magazines, according to a police press release from Officer Jeffrey Nielsen.

I am an American trapped in CT .. and no I am not the one going to change. Our ancestors would not want this and our descendents would not have wanted this.

When we ask for a list of their assault weapons, they say no - doing so would create a safety risk for our individual employees.

When they demand a list of their weapons though it appears as if this risk evaporates into thin air and does not exist anymore.

The governments of this nation have stated that we must give up some of our RKBA to secure others. What kind of mentality is that?

A general assembly cannot vote on a right. Judges cannot either.

Now this PA13-3 has ensnared its first true criminal, evil to the core, ready to kill all the babies in the world, 65 yr old who, amongst other things, hates squirrels. He likely also hates baby Panda Bears, American Bald Eagles, Blue Whales, even cats ! Clearly he had a plan to extinguish every living thing on this planet, starting with squirrels.

Clearly Malloy and his minions have saved the world from the Anti-Christ !

Upon further reflection however, this is all just how the legislators in my state actually think.

This man must be set free ! This man should never be convicted ! This man needs a person or persons on the jury to vote not to convict !

Refuse to convict this man is the right thing to do !

Arrested and convicted and sentenced to life in prison is not justice, its not right, and over a law designed simply to eviscerate our RKBA and to disarm Americans.

The state has declared war on citizens and have fired the first shot. It is now time for citizens to steal their gun of PA13-3 and render it useless. To have this gun sit and rust before everyone's eyes to remind current and future citizens that there is only one type of gun that cannot be tolerated by Americans and this is the gun of PA13-3 like legislation.

Nullify Nullify Nullify !

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
An Open Letter to the People of Connecticut - Nullify

How citizens of the Constitution State must resist lawless gun control

Already, the first Connecticut gun owner has been arrested — and his “assault rifle” confiscated — after he allegedly shot a squirrel in his yard. Not only did police seize the rifle (and many magazines) from 65-year old James Toigo, they also confiscated several of his legally registered firearms.[SUP]7

[/SUP]A courageous group of gun owners in Connecticut, led by the Connecticut Citizens Defense League (CCDL), acted quickly to present this grievance to a court, challenging these repressive laws as a violation of the Second Amendment. On January 30, the U.S. District Court in Connecticut dismissed CCDL’s challenge, which has prompted the CCDL to appeal its case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.

Gun Owners of America will be filing an important brief in support of the citizens of Connecticut, as we have done in defense of the citizens of New Jersey, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Illinois, and in other cases where the Second Amendment has been at risk.

Jury nullification is certainly not an antiquated notion. In fact, it is making an important comeback in the states. For example, in 2012, New Hampshire enacted HB 146 which formalizes the jury’s right to nullify. It provides that “n all criminal proceedings the court shall permit the defense to inform the jury of its right to judge the facts and the application of the law in relation to the facts in controversy.”[SUP]11[/SUP] Connecticut should have a law like that as well.

http://www.gunowners.org/media4232014.htm

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Connecticut should have a law like that as well.

http://www.gunowners.org/media4232014.htm

Well, the courts in CT have approved of not telling jurists their rights to nullify. CT courts recognize this right but approves the hiding of it to discourage its use.

NH is a freedom loving state, CT is a Nazi paradise.

I do not expect CT to pass such a law....instead the people need to be informed of this right by the people and not from gov't officials who go out of their way to intimidate its own citizens.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Quoting the law at home is not illegal.

Quoting the law on the street is not illegal.

Quoting the law in court.....not so much :(

countryclubjoe

How naive of me, I was under the impression that attorney's were to do whatever it takes to get their client off...

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
How naive of me, I was under the impression that attorney's were to do whatever it takes to get their client off...

CCJ

My experience with lawyers: they do everything they can to collect their bill .... being zealous? Have seen very little of that w/o prodding... but its their business...my clients are hippity hopp lets get it done too but I have other projects going on too...but I can tell when a lawyer is just doing his job normally or just being lazy...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My experience with lawyers: they do everything they can to collect their bill .... being zealous? Have seen very little of that w/o prodding... but its their business...my clients are hippity hopp lets get it done too but I have other projects going on too...but I can tell when a lawyer is just doing his job normally or just being lazy...

So IYO are Mike and John doing their job normally or just being lazy? :lol:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I see you avoided the question. No surprise there.

We are showing signs of thread drift also.

I took the :lol: face to be one of humor. I don't know if John or Mike are lazy. I think you are asking the wrong person for an answer to the query. I don't even know if they are practicing attorneys to be honest.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I took the :lol: face to be one of humor. I don't know if John or Mike are lazy. I think you are asking the wrong person for an answer to the query. I don't even know if they are practicing attorneys to be honest.
Laughter was knowing that my question was double edged.

Both are practicing attorneys.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Laughter was knowing that my question was double edged.

Both are practicing attorneys.

When they are done practicing maybe I'll hire them :banana::banana:

They give money back guarantees right? And their offices have candy dishes full of ammo? And their waiting room is a shooting range? And good music playing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW-C1VvlBw

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When they are done practicing maybe I'll hire them :banana::banana:

They give money back guarantees right? And their offices have candy dishes full of ammo? And their waiting room is a shooting range? And good music playing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW-C1VvlBw

You've been there! Only in Virginia.

This should be in a separate thread if lawyer jokes were to make the cut on OCDO.

Back to the discussion on Nullify this guy's possible conviction - 65yr old w/"assault weapon" charges .