Thread: Charges dropped against Terry Holcomb

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Charges dropped against Terry Holcomb

Not sure how to link to a specific post... https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas

In September of 2013 Terry Holcomb was arrested near the Capital for disorderly conduct. I don't believe he was ever formally charged, though I'm not 100% sure. Not formally filing charges is how they've been circumventing speedy trial requirements - they've been playing games with those arrested. Something about the patriot act - being used to oppress patriots. However, in Terry's case, the DA has officially dismissed any charges against him, essentially confirming that he was not committing a crime and his arrest was unlawful. One down, 6+ to go.
    Advocate freedom please

I never thought there was much doubt that it wouldn't go forward.

To link to a specific post, copy the URL from that post.
    To open one post in its own page click on the time for the post (I usually right click & open in new tab).

Here's the one for the post you're referring to.

Open Carry Texas is excited to hear that Travis County has dropped the charges against Pastor Terry Holcomb, a man who was wrongfully arrested in September of 2013 for open carrying his black powder, pre-1899 pistol outside the Texas State Capitol building.
    Holcomb was arrested and charged with "disorderly conduct", an action with a firearm "calculated to cause alarm" after exercising his right to open carry a pre-1899 black powder pistol, which Texas Penal Code 46.01 exempts from the definition of a "firearm". The pistol was holstered on his hip when Holcomb was arrested on these false charges.
    And people think TX is such a carry-friendly state.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-22-2014 at 02:56 PM.

In my state we carry rifles outside the capitol, and handguns inside, if we so desire, and yet for some reason we are rated below Texas by most gun freedom ranking sites. I dont get it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    In my state we carry rifles outside the capitol, and handguns inside, if we so desire, and yet for some reason we are rated below Texas by most gun freedom ranking sites. I dont get it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Because most of those sites are not freedom sites, but actually those professing the propaganda of pay for privilege, and only if concealed. Concealed carry by permission of the state IS GUN CONTROL. I have to wonder when some of those who proclaim they support the 2A will wake up and smell the gun powder.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    To link to a specific post, copy the URL from that post.
    To open one post in its own page click on the time for the post (I usually right click & open in new tab).

Here's the one for the post you're referring to.

And people think TX is such a carry-friendly state.
    Actually i meant specific Facebook post but thank you for being helpful

And yeah, we are trying to get the law on par with the reputation but you are absolutely right that it's not currently. Working for open carry in 2015! We can do it!
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 04-22-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Advocate freedom please