• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbed, firearms stolen, dog shot

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The part which leaves my pickles frostiest is that our dogs are just so much property to be casually destroyed at the slightest inconvenience to the service of their "duties", but their dogs are "unarmed K9 officers" who should be protected with literally any degree of force, including lethal force.

Never mind that most pet dogs are considered to be, and loved as though they were, part of the family, whereas most police dogs seem to be abused, aggressive, violent and dangerous animals (witness the behavior of the dog during the James Boyd incident).

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

The dog was 40 pounds and trained as a cattle dog. Even if it DID try to bite the office, he would have almost certainly gone for the boot. Kick it off. It's 40 ******* pounds. Get back in your patrol car. Not ******* difficult. He shot the dog because he's a ******* bastard, not because he was in any danger of harm.

If the dog was a big larger and started to lunge through the air, I might have a hard time not giving the officer the benefit of the doubt. But barking? All dogs bark. ALL DOGS BARK. ALL DOGS ******* BARK. Officer is an idiot and a bastard.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I had an Australian cattle dog, the blue heeler. I guarantan-*******-tee you that dog was smarter than the deputy. Of the two of them, the dog is the one that deserved to go home that night. Oh wait, that was the dog's home.

davidmcbeth

Banned
PUPPYCIDE - a Documentary Trailer for Kickstarter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gPZ3TNkKTo

With some of the instances on tape, I would think, at the time, that some of the cops went nuts and were on a killing spree.

Anytime a person discharges a weapon, I would think that people would be on a heightened sense to defend....so a cop shoots a dog that was not threatening and then starts to fan over to a person's direction with his drawn weapon?
What would you do?

rushcreek2

The part which leaves my pickles frostiest is that our dogs are just so much property to be casually destroyed at the slightest inconvenience to the service of their "duties", but their dogs are "unarmed K9 officers" who should be protected with literally any degree of force, including lethal force.

Never mind that most pet dogs are considered to be, and loved as though they were, part of the family, whereas most police dogs seem to be abused, aggressive, violent and dangerous animals (witness the behavior of the dog during the James Boyd incident).

Well spoken. Nothing for me to add to your comment.

Primus

davidmcbeth

Banned

Jeff. State

Banned
Officer who shot the dog has been terminated "for his safety and the safety of the department" http://www.ktre.com/story/25332713/rains-co-deputy-who-shot-dog-fired-on-thursday

Supposedly he will be unable to return to work at the department regardless of the outcome of the investigation into the shooting.

I guarantee that this "man" will be working either for another nearby agency SOON, or the Union (if applicable) gets his job back.

Unless he is convicted, and jailed or his LE certification is revoked this BAD APPLE will resurface, he's a perfect cop. Psychopath.

Triarchic model[edit]

The triarchic model, formulated by Christopher J. Patrick et al., suggests that different conceptions of psychopathy emphasize three observable characteristics to varying degrees. Analyses have been made with respect to the applicability of measurement tools such as the Hare Psychopathy Checklist (PCL, PCL-R) and Psychopathic Personality Inventory (PPI) to this model.
Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness. The PCL-R measures this relatively poorly and mainly through Facet 1 of Factor 1. Similar to PPI Fearless dominance. May correspond to differences in the amygdala and other neurological systems associated with fear.

Disinhibition. Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints. Similar to PCL-R Factor 2 and PPI Impulsive antisociality. May correspond to impairments in frontal lobe systems that are involved in such control.

Meanness. Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gain empowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking. The PCL-R in general is related to this but in particular some elements in Factor 1. Similar to PPI Coldheartedness but also includes elements of subscales in Impulsive antisociality. Meanness may possibly be caused by either high boldness or high disinhibition combined with an adverse environment. Thus, a child with high boldness may respond poorly to punishment but may respond better to rewards and secure attachments which may not be available under adverse conditions. A child with high disinhibition may have increased problems under adverse conditions with meanness developing in response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Yes, I fear he will probably just end up at a nearby agency. But I think I have to be thankful for two things at least. 1. The agency isn't completely backing the office and downplaying the issue. 2. The shooting is being investigated

stealthyeliminator

Jerrod Dooley was indicted by a grand jury with a state felony charge of animal cruelty.

FUQ "This is clearly a political knee jerk reaction by the DA in Rains County and there’s no chance that this case will stand up in court," said Pete Schulte, Dooleys' attorney. "It’s a legal impossibility because he was acting within the scope of his employment as a public servant. We look forward to our day in court.”

So, because he was wearing a badge when he pulled the trigger, it's a legal impossibility that him being charged for murdering a man's dog will result in conviction. That's good to know. If a cop shoots your dog, it's an impossibility for the legal system to provide justice for you.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...-cruelty-after-shooting-of-dog-258661911.html

PistolPackingMomma

Jerrod Dooley was indicted by a grand jury with a state felony charge of animal cruelty.

FUQ "This is clearly a political knee jerk reaction by the DA in Rains County and there’s no chance that this case will stand up in court," said Pete Schulte, Dooleys' attorney. "It’s a legal impossibility because he was acting within the scope of his employment as a public servant. We look forward to our day in court.”

So, because he was wearing a badge when he pulled the trigger, it's a legal impossibility that him being charged for murdering a man's dog will result in conviction. That's good to know. If a cop shoots your dog, it's an impossibility for the legal system to provide justice for you.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...-cruelty-after-shooting-of-dog-258661911.html

I am so shocked by this turn of events, said no one.

PistolPackingMomma

Oh, I agree; it's just obvious this charade is to keep people from becoming *too* indignant about the blue line of impunity, rather than actually prosecuting an indefensible act.

stealthyeliminator

Oh, I agree; it's just obvious this charade is to keep people from becoming *too* indignant about the blue line of impunity, rather than actually prosecuting an indefensible act.

Its unfortunate but I know you're telling the truth :(

I think I misunderstood your post initially. My apologies

Last edited:

HPmatt

heard on Radio at lunch that charges were dropped against Dooley. Report said he was sorry, but due to prior dog attack he was 'fearful of dogs'. understand he gave up his license to be a police officer ( don't know what that is about).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
heard on Radio at lunch that charges were dropped against Dooley...

Let me guess. He was indicted by a grand jury of multiple citizens who saw all the evidence, but the charges were dropped by a politician only now that sufficient time has passed to get away with it.

Last edited: