Thread: have you had time to read this ???

have you had time to read this ???

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...rry?cmpid=yhoo

this was a good debate. near the bottom is a link to read the hold think..

Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    http://www.bloombergview.com/article...rry?cmpid=yhoo

this was a good debate. near the bottom is a link to read the hold think..
    So many attempts to derail the discussion; John was a laser-guided missile throughout the interview/debate!

Quote Originally Posted by Questions from Wilkinson
    Q: That seems to suggest that open carry is more "manly" or upstanding than concealed carry. Do you agree with that?

Q: Here is a link to government data stating that about one quarter of the adult U.S. population reports binge drinking in the previous month. Let's say this is wildly exaggerated -- by 100 percent -- and the actual figure is about 12 percent. That's still more than one in 10 Americans who binge drink. Obviously some percentage of those binge drinkers are alcoholics, and some are drug abusers as well. In addition, many young males have trouble controlling aggression and impulses. And I'm not even going to go into the number of people with mental-health problems. Now, why is it a good idea for all these people to be walking around with guns on their hips?

Q: I don't think I'm stretching, John. It's no secret that some people in society drink too much, others take drugs and others are prone to act aggressively. (And some people exhibit all three traits.) After all, that's why many bars spend money to employ bouncers. So this falls pretty clearly under the practical considerations of expanding open carry....
    SNIP...
    In other words, is it your position that a little extra bloodshed will ensue every now and then due to open carry, and that that is an unfortunate but acceptable price to pay for maximum freedom? Or are you suggesting that arming one and all will result in some sort of ballistic equilibrium, in which a large increase in gun carrying in public will not yield more violence precisely because so many people are armed?
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 04-22-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Bolding
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

john did an excellent job

especially about pointing out the miss information that is so commonly spread to confuse and cause people fear of carry

I was able to educate a guy who asked why it was ok to carry open in grocery store if they sold beer in the back , he had not understood the difference between a class a and b establishment , he wasn't even opposed to carry he likes open carry but worried that those open carrying in a place that sold beer was going to get them in trouble.
    Last edited by GreenCountyPete; 04-24-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    So many attempts to derail the discussion; John was a laser-guided missile throughout the interview/debate!
    Typical anti attack if you can't win by facts make stuff up

Lie and confuse when the facts are not with you.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I stopped reading any Bloomsberg media when BusinessWeek printed the anti NRA issue. I blew it to hell with some birdshot, put it and the empty shell into the box with an I AM THE NRA sticker and mailed it to them.

When I want to read liberal trash, I read The Onion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    My answer to dude's queries: I'm actually amazed that someone has not shot you in the face at point blank range. If someone did ... I would find the guy not guilty by reason of eliminating an idiot from the gene pool.

I am extremely impressed with how John avoided so many trap questions and kept the discussion focused on the topic at hand. I think even the author of the article respects him for how well he rebutted the baseless and unrelated questions that he was continually distracted with.

I actually learned quite a bit from the responses as well. That was a great read, well worth my time.

this quote from the comments was very disturbing however "Disarming those that would use force to harm others protects all." He seems to be inferring that disarming everyone would protect all... i think nazi germany and many other governments have used this exact tactic. It didnt end well.
    Last edited by Kopis; 04-30-2014 at 10:15 AM.