• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now sending Swat teams is for fun

Gallowmere

I
Today - most people don't know or even attempt to speak with their neighbors. They are afraid of getting involved. Left unchecked evil/bad elements of a society flourish. I think we are now reaping what we have sown over the last few decades. We are a divided society. As such easily overtaken by internal social "sicknesses". United we stand. Devided we fall. Put your crash helmets on fellers! It's going to be a bumpy ride!

This part, at least, I feel can be blamed largely upon litigation. The sue happy masses, and their victories in court, have led people to turn around and walk the other way in almost any circumstance.

F350

I would tend to agree the level needed for a full srt/swat team deployment seems lower then it may have been before (opinion no cites or numbers just from experience). I think this is from an advancement in training that makes these teams readily available on shorter notice and less funds, so its easier for the CO to just say "its a call out" and within x amount of minutes you have your team as opposed it used to be a song and dance.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

IMHO- Most of those purdy SWAT toys are provided either directly from Uncle Sugar or by means of grant $$$$ so...

A} The boys just love to play with their toys

B} Use of the toys demonstrates to Uncle Sugar the need for the toys so hopefully Uncle Sugar will provide more toys.

Why to police use SWAT more and more...... Because they can!

Primus

IMHO- Most of those purdy SWAT toys are provided either directly from Uncle Sugar or by means of grant $$$$ so...

A} The boys just love to play with their toys

B} Use of the toys demonstrates to Uncle Sugar the need for the toys so hopefully Uncle Sugar will provide more toys.

Why to police use SWAT more and more...... Because they can!

I think your onto something here.... a profound new concept... must be the reason behind it. Thank you for the clarification and enlightenment.

sudden valley gunner

Degradation of society has to do with an increasing encroaching government.

When you remove social power and replace it with political.

Video games and religion have nothing to do with it.

Primus

Degradation of society has to do with an increasing encroaching government.

When you remove social power and replace it with political.

Video games and religion have nothing to do with it.

That's a stretch even for you svg.... the .gov doesn't make dead beat daddies that have 6 children with 4 different mothers and sell drugs on the side because they are too lazy to get up and go to work. .gov doesn't cause same dads/moms to beat their kids for no reason. Can't see how it keeps kids from graduating or even attending school. They choose not to attend class. Rather get high and run the streets.

And best of all certainly can't see how it would influence children to find violence like the knockout game funny..can't see the connection with .gov and them going online and watching videos of their buddies knocking women out.

I know you see the .gov behind every evil..... but sometimes its just not there brother. I can usually at least SEE your connection and respect/understand your beliefs whether I agree with then or not. This might be the first I can't even see where your coming from. Please enlighten if you care/want to. Your not one to make dumb or thoughtless arguments. Usually.

sudden valley gunner

That's a stretch even for you svg.... the .gov doesn't make dead beat daddies that have 6 children with 4 different mothers and sell drugs on the side because they are too lazy to get up and go to work. .gov doesn't cause same dads/moms to beat their kids for no reason. Can't see how it keeps kids from graduating or even attending school. They choose not to attend class. Rather get high and run the streets.

And best of all certainly can't see how it would influence children to find violence like the knockout game funny..can't see the connection with .gov and them going online and watching videos of their buddies knocking women out.

I know you see the .gov behind every evil..... but sometimes its just not there brother. I can usually at least SEE your connection and respect/understand your beliefs whether I agree with then or not. This might be the first I can't even see where your coming from. Please enlighten if you care/want to. Your not one to make dumb or thoughtless arguments. Usually.

Really? The government created thousands upon thousands of them with its welfare system.

The government created huge incentives for massive amounts of money to be made with its unconstitutional war on people called the "drug war".

The government school mandates keeps bad kids in schools where they now have a huge influence and cause a disruption on kids who want to learn.

The government then deliberately dumbed down the education system it mandates children to attend that stunts their knowledge and growth. (try answering the questions for an 8th grader a century ago most of us can't).

Your connections that somehow it's video games and lack of religion is what is nonsensical.

Primus

Really? The government created thousands upon thousands of them with its welfare system.

The government created huge incentives for massive amounts of money to be made with its unconstitutional war on people called the "drug war".

The government school mandates keeps bad kids in schools where they now have a huge influence and cause a disruption on kids who want to learn.

The government then deliberately dumbed down the education system it mandates children to attend that stunts their knowledge and growth. (try answering the questions for an 8th grader a century ago most of us can't).

Your connections that somehow it's video games and lack of religion is what is nonsensical.

So welfare programs causes them not to work.... got it.

Making drugs illegal causes them to sell it.... got it.

Making kids mandated to attend school makes them skip school and drop out? Got it... best one.

Oh and of the forcing the kids to go to school and they don't drop out then they will be dumb because the curriculum is dumb... lol ok. Got it.

I've heard enough. You sound like Al sharp ton..... its all the mans fault keeping everyone down..... I swear they were just about to turn their life around if the government made crack legal they wouldn't sell it. And if the government didn't force them they would attend..... and of the government made them learn trigonometry in the third grade they'd all learn real good like.

The scary part is your serious.

Gallowmere

Making kids mandated to attend school makes them skip school and drop out? Got it... best one.

Oh and of the forcing the kids to go to school and they don't drop out then they will be dumb because the curriculum is dumb... lol ok. Got it.

I've heard enough. You sound like Al sharp ton..... its all the mans fault keeping everyone down..... I swear they were just about to turn their life around if the government made crack legal they wouldn't sell it. And if the government didn't force them they would attend..... and of the government made them learn trigonometry in the third grade they'd all learn real good like.

The point, it's way over there, and you're right here.

The fact is that most government agencies have proven themselves completely inept at handling even the most trivial of tasks. Yet, we are supposed to accept that they will be able to, through legislation, handle the most important aspects of life.

With welfare: if the father is around, you're not getting much of a damned thing.
With the drug war: when things are made illegal, they become more profitable to those willing to sell them. It's the risk factor at work. Alcohol was the same way during prohibition.
On school misbehavior: He didn't say it makes them more likely to skip school or drop out. He said it forces those who want to learn, to deal with the disruptive punkasses who would be better off elsewhere.
On our piss poor educational system: Hell, look at Finland's "ehhh, **** it" approach to education. Even they were shocked when their test scores came back as some of the highest in the world. We're obviously doing something wrong, and whatever that something is, it appears to be federally mandated.

Primus

The point, it's way over there, and you're right here.

The fact is that most government agencies have proven themselves completely inept at handling even the most trivial of tasks. Yet, we are supposed to accept that they will be able to, through legislation, handle the most important aspects of life.

With welfare: if the father is around, you're not getting much of a damned thing.
With the drug war: when things are made illegal, they become more profitable to those willing to sell them. It's the risk factor at work. Alcohol was the same way during prohibition.
On school misbehavior: He didn't say it makes them more likely to skip school or drop out. He said it forces those who want to learn, to deal with the disruptive punkasses who would be better off elsewhere.
On our piss poor educational system: Hell, look at Finland's "ehhh, **** it" approach to education. Even they were shocked when their test scores came back as some of the highest in the world. We're obviously doing something wrong, and whatever that something is, it appears to be federally mandated.

Don't get me wrong, and let me attempt to clarify for a second..I AGREE that these things contribute. I whole heartedly agree that some of these things listed don't help, at the very least, the situation.

But being PART of the problem and realizing that there are many other factors, like broken families, lack of work ethics, lack of moral structure, desensitization to violence, etc. Are combined to make the circumstances we have, is different then what SVG was saying.

He said its not moral (maybe a tie to religion but trying not to walk down that path) and nothing to do with desensitisation of violence and its ALL the "over reach" of government. That's blatant fear mongering and just taking the easy "the government did it" approach. No different then being a bigot towards anything or anyone else.

sudden valley gunner

Don't get me wrong, and let me attempt to clarify for a second..I AGREE that these things contribute. I whole heartedly agree that some of these things listed don't help, at the very least, the situation.

But being PART of the problem and realizing that there are many other factors, like broken families, lack of work ethics, lack of moral structure, desensitization to violence, etc. Are combined to make the circumstances we have, is different then what SVG was saying.

He said its not moral (maybe a tie to religion but trying not to walk down that path) and nothing to do with desensitisation of violence and its ALL the "over reach" of government. That's blatant fear mongering and just taking the easy "the government did it" approach. No different then being a bigot towards anything or anyone else.

I didn't say it wasn't anything but the government but that the government is the largest contributor.

There has been study after study that shows movies and video games does nothing to the general population for desensitizing violence. People know its fake.

How about sending our young to war to kill people or having a large military where they learn to kill people.....?

You are ignoring studies that showed how it was a dramatic increase after the creation of the welfare state that decimated black families, but it isn't limited to black americans, my mom was a single welfare mom four kids with no incentive to keep a "family"...maybe she would have without the moral hazard provided by government.

The idea that the lack of religion is contributing to the "degradation" is silly. When religion was more widely accepted and an active part of Americans lives their were more murders per capita.

You also fail to recognize that I don't buy your "degradation" argument. People are people are people.

sudden valley gunner

Didn't say that.

Didn't say that.

Are you intentionally lying about what I said?

You don't pay attention very well do you?

Hahaha so make personal attacks because you can't use logic to argue against it. Make untrue statements about what I said. Not answer a single query provided to you.

Whats scarier is your religious adherence to the state. Hitler was just a guy with a goofy mustache, what made it evil was the dopes who bought his propaganda and carried it out.