Thread: AL- Female defends self and niece

AL- Female defends self and niece

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defens...protect-niece/

According to Autauga County Chief Deputy Joe Sedinger, Smith was armed with a knife when he tried to break into the home on County Road 81. Sedinger said the female homeowner feared for her safety, and for that of her niece, when she fired several shots at the intruder.

“He knocked on the door and tried to gain entrance by saying he needed help that he was broke down,” Sedinger explained. “When she came to the door, he pushed the door open. She said when he came in her house with the knife, she shot him.”
    +1 for the good guys. Sounds like she landed good shots since they found him outside the front door.

Banned
    I have no concern for people who enter onto other people's property and get shot.

Don't want to get shot? Stay off other people's property. duh

Cases like this really bother me, though not because the guy got shot, as he rightly deserved. They bother me because preying upon people's good nature (the I need help ploy) is a big part of people not wanting to help others anymore. I know there have always been untrustworthy people, but something about this type of scheme just REALLY rubs me the wrong way.
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Cases like this really bother me, though not because the guy got shot, as he rightly deserved. They bother me because preying upon people's good nature (the I need help ploy) is a big part of people not wanting to help others anymore. I know there have always been untrustworthy people, but something about this type of scheme just REALLY rubs me the wrong way.
    It really is scary to make the decision to assist someone. Even that female (not that female's can't be criminals) on the side of the road may have a couple guys in the wood waiting to ambush you (heard of a few of those last summer). If they are not out to hurt/rob you then they are probably lying. I had a guy giving a sad story of needing gas money to get to mom's funeral, his car is already at a gas station and just need money. I say "let's go to the station and I will fill your tank for you" (gas was cheaper back then ) He just cussed me, turned and walked away. It really is sad that help it taken away from those who really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    It really is scary to make the decision to assist someone. Even that female (not that female's can't be criminals) on the side of the road may have a couple guys in the wood waiting to ambush you (heard of a few of those last summer). If they are not out to hurt/rob you then they are probably lying. I had a guy giving a sad story of needing gas money to get to mom's funeral, his car is already at a gas station and just need money. I say "let's go to the station and I will fill your tank for you" (gas was cheaper back then ) He just cussed me, turned and walked away. It really is sad that help it taken away from those who really need it.
    Pretty much. I have actually had your exact gas station exchange several times. Only once has a guy taken me up on it, and after I put $50 in his tank, he kept trying to give me some speakers that he had bought for his car a few days ago, but never installed (that oddly enough were the same dimensions as the mounts in my truck), but I refused. Dude's girlfriend almost looked like she was going to cry, while I was telling them that I wanted absolutely nothing in return.
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Pretty much. I have actually had your exact gas station exchange several times. Only once has a guy taken me up on it, and after I put $50 in his tank, he kept trying to give me some speakers that he had bought for his car a few days ago, but never installed (that oddly enough were the same dimensions as the mounts in my truck), but I refused. Dude's girlfriend almost looked like she was going to cry, while I was telling them that I wanted absolutely nothing in return.
    You could have asked them to pass it on.

Good job though. You were able to help someone who actually needed the help and wasn't simply capitalizing on others' generosity.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Awesome, glad someone that really needed the help got it.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    Awesome, glad someone that really needed the help got it.
    I've found that you can always tell the truly desperate, by the type of assistance that they are willing to accept.
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

i had that happen to me on a road trip. my gas guage broke so i thought i had a qtr tank still pulled into a gas station and ran out all the way. a guy put enough gas in my tank to get me to my destination as i did not have cash and this station didnt accept CC as it was in BFE.

i try to help where i can and pay it forward