• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AL- Female defends self and niece

willy1094

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/female-homeowner-in-al-shot-and-killed-home-invader-armed-with-a-knife-to-protect-niece/

According to Autauga County Chief Deputy Joe Sedinger, Smith was armed with a knife when he tried to break into the home on County Road 81. Sedinger said the female homeowner feared for her safety, and for that of her niece, when she fired several shots at the intruder.

“He knocked on the door and tried to gain entrance by saying he needed help that he was broke down,” Sedinger explained. “When she came to the door, he pushed the door open. She said when he came in her house with the knife, she shot him.”

+1 for the good guys. Sounds like she landed good shots since they found him outside the front door.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have no concern for people who enter onto other people's property and get shot.

Don't want to get shot? Stay off other people's property. duh

Gallowmere

Cases like this really bother me, though not because the guy got shot, as he rightly deserved. They bother me because preying upon people's good nature (the I need help ploy) is a big part of people not wanting to help others anymore. I know there have always been untrustworthy people, but something about this type of scheme just REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

willy1094

Cases like this really bother me, though not because the guy got shot, as he rightly deserved. They bother me because preying upon people's good nature (the I need help ploy) is a big part of people not wanting to help others anymore. I know there have always been untrustworthy people, but something about this type of scheme just REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

It really is scary to make the decision to assist someone. Even that female (not that female's can't be criminals) on the side of the road may have a couple guys in the wood waiting to ambush you (heard of a few of those last summer). If they are not out to hurt/rob you then they are probably lying. I had a guy giving a sad story of needing gas money to get to mom's funeral, his car is already at a gas station and just need money. I say "let's go to the station and I will fill your tank for you" (gas was cheaper back then :shocker:) He just cussed me, turned and walked away:eek:. It really is sad that help it taken away from those who really need it.

Gallowmere

It really is scary to make the decision to assist someone. Even that female (not that female's can't be criminals) on the side of the road may have a couple guys in the wood waiting to ambush you (heard of a few of those last summer). If they are not out to hurt/rob you then they are probably lying. I had a guy giving a sad story of needing gas money to get to mom's funeral, his car is already at a gas station and just need money. I say "let's go to the station and I will fill your tank for you" (gas was cheaper back then :shocker:) He just cussed me, turned and walked away:eek:. It really is sad that help it taken away from those who really need it.

Pretty much. I have actually had your exact gas station exchange several times. Only once has a guy taken me up on it, and after I put $50 in his tank, he kept trying to give me some speakers that he had bought for his car a few days ago, but never installed (that oddly enough were the same dimensions as the mounts in my truck), but I refused. Dude's girlfriend almost looked like she was going to cry, while I was telling them that I wanted absolutely nothing in return.

Rusty Young Man

Pretty much. I have actually had your exact gas station exchange several times. Only once has a guy taken me up on it, and after I put $50 in his tank, he kept trying to give me some speakers that he had bought for his car a few days ago, but never installed (that oddly enough were the same dimensions as the mounts in my truck), but I refused. Dude's girlfriend almost looked like she was going to cry, while I was telling them that I wanted absolutely nothing in return.

You could have asked them to pass it on.:banghead:
:p
Good job though. You were able to help someone who actually needed the help and wasn't simply capitalizing on others' generosity.:)

willy1094

:banana: Awesome, glad someone that really needed the help got it.

SD40VE

i had that happen to me on a road trip. my gas guage broke so i thought i had a qtr tank still pulled into a gas station and ran out all the way. a guy put enough gas in my tank to get me to my destination as i did not have cash and this station didnt accept CC as it was in BFE.

i try to help where i can and pay it forward