Thread: Open carry at the skyway fishing pier?

Open carry at the skyway fishing pier?

I know its legal to OC while fishing but can someone point me to the statute about carrying in state parks. I might be fishing there this weekend (probably the south pier if I go). Its not that I intend to OC but want to have all my bases covered if it should accidentally come unconcealed and send some liberal into a hysterical craze and calling the cops on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrich86 View Post
    I know its legal to OC while fishing but can someone point me to the statute about carrying in state parks. I might be fishing there this weekend (probably the south pier if I go). Its not that I intend to OC but want to have all my bases covered if it should accidentally come unconcealed and send some liberal into a hysterical craze and calling the cops on me.
    Well, there is no statute that specifically allows it and there is not a statute that prohibits it (except for Savannas State Preserve) so therefore it's legal to carry openly or (concelaed with out need for a CWFL) while fishing, or going/to from, anywhere (almost) in the state. Including state parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrich86 View Post
    Adrich,

I open carried and fished there late last summer coming back from Pinellas somewhere after picking up a new Glock. That one stayed in my saddlebag but my regular G30 was open carried for about two hours worth of my time on the westbound side headed towards I-75 and points south.

How could I possible pass up a golden fishing opportunity like that?

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor