Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: NRA calls for universal conceal carry gun law for crossing state lines

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    NRA calls for universal conceal carry gun law for crossing state lines

    "Much like drivers are required to follow the traffic laws of the states they’re in, Arulanandam says the legislation the NRA is seeking would ensure gun permit holders abide by the laws of states they’re visiting."

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ional-meeting/

    Reading drivers license compacts together with universal gun permit recognition is fraught with danger - gun laws are not standardized across even city boundaries, let alone state lines.

    G00gle Real time coverage - not well focused.
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dup1YAFF0U8bgrM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-24-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,011
    The gun manufacturers union probably figures it will help them sell more product.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The gun manufacturers union probably figures it will help them sell more product.
    Wage slaves might belong to a collective action union, a manufacturer isn't likely. You should look to the concealed carry permit dispensation industry for the hidden agenda, follow the money to P4P.

    Be careful of what you wish, you may get it - good and hard.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    No national concealed permit law please. What the government gives, the government can take away, control, amend, suspend, modify, ad infinitum, ad nasium.

    Recognition of driving licenses is by agreement, not national law.
    Example: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc12502.htm

    Commercial driving license is a bit different.
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/reciprocity...ivers-licenses
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    But heyyyy it is a heck of a money maker for the NRA...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    As much as we would like to see constitutional carry in all 50 states we didn't get to the point where we are at in one big jump.

    National reciprocity would be a good step in the right direction a win is a win, wars are won one battle at a time.

    Any of these laws could be made mute by a good solid supreme court ruling recognizing the shall not infringe portions of the 2nd.

    But I am not holding my breath for that one.

    Why do you think dirty Harry Reed is holding national reciprocity up there is enough votes to pass it now has been for a couple of years.

    It is not because it well be a win for the anti's.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    As much as we would like to see constitutional carry in all 50 states we didn't get to the point where we are at in one big jump.

    National reciprocity would be a good step in the right direction a win is a win, wars are won one battle at a time.

    Any of these laws could be made mute by a good solid supreme court ruling recognizing the shall not infringe portions of the 2nd.

    But I am not holding my breath for that one.

    Why do you think dirty Harry Reed is holding national reciprocity up there is enough votes to pass it now has been for a couple of years.

    It is not because it well be a win for the anti's.
    These laws are why we will never see such a supreme court ruling. Substituting privileges for rights has become the supported norm. Brought to us by our friendly NRA who were the very ones who lobbied to take our rights from us in the first place.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    But heyyyy it is a heck of a money maker for the NRA...
    Agree - It's not what is good for the membership, it's what is good for the NRA.

    Follow the smoking gun money.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    These laws are why we will never see such a supreme court ruling. Substituting privileges for rights has become the supported norm. Brought to us by our friendly NRA who were the very ones who lobbied to take our rights from us in the first place.
    I guess that what happen in 3 of the four constitutional carry states they didn't pass permits and went right to constitutional carry.

    Or let me guess they passed rather strict permits laws loosen them up and then went constitutionally carry.

    I believe the 2nd option is a bit more accurate then the first.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    NRA does not support, nor have they ever supported unlicensed carry. They brought us gun control, I repeat they are the very source of gun control. AND now they wish a system that further pads their pockets as well turn rights into privileges. They are as corrupt as the political parties in this country who BS the fools who wish to line their pockets while they pillage their rights.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    NRA does not support, nor have they ever supported unlicensed carry. They brought us gun control, I repeat they are the very source of gun control. AND now they wish a system that further pads their pockets as well turn rights into privileges. They are as corrupt as the political parties in this country who BS the fools who wish to line their pockets while they pillage their rights.
    You are spot on sir. NRA wants nothing to do with open carry or the true meaning of the 2nd amendment. If they can profit on a law that's what they support. This is why I will not renew my membership with them.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    You are spot on sir. NRA wants nothing to do with open carry or the true meaning of the 2nd amendment. If they can profit on a law that's what they support. This is why I will not renew my membership with them.
    Okaaay, yet you promote them via your avatar.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Okaaay, yet you promote them via your avatar.
    It will be changing soon... As soon as I decide who I am going to join. Going to be a little more careful who I send my money to this time.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    It will be changing soon... As soon as I decide who I am going to join. Going to be a little more careful who I send my money to this time.
    Don't 'join' - "subscribe" - to anything! Be the leader, even from the middle of the pack.

    The true leaders in combat in VietNam, the Louie Two's, had a combat life expectancy of about twenty minutes - I lost many college buddies that way while I served my country on a submarine.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Don't 'join' - "subscribe" - to anything! Be the leader, even from the middle of the pack.

    The true leaders in combat in VietNam, the Louie Two's, had a combat life expectancy of about twenty minutes - I lost many college buddies that way while I served my country on a submarine.
    Can't spell lost without LT....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    No national concealed permit law please. What the government gives, the government can take away, control, amend, suspend, modify, ad infinitum, ad nasium.

    Recognition of driving licenses is by agreement, not national law.
    Example: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc12502.htm

    Commercial driving license is a bit different.
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/reciprocity...ivers-licenses

    +1 A foot in the door for "regulation".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    As much as we would like to see constitutional carry in all 50 states we didn't get to the point where we are at in one big jump.

    National reciprocity would be a good step in the right direction a win is a win, wars are won one battle at a time.

    Any of these laws could be made mute by a good solid supreme court ruling recognizing the shall not infringe portions of the 2nd.

    But I am not holding my breath for that one.

    Why do you think dirty Harry Reed is holding national reciprocity up there is enough votes to pass it now has been for a couple of years.

    It is not because it well be a win for the anti's.


    Asking the Feds to go above their constitutional restrictions because it's something you like, contributes to the problem of the ever growing encroaching federal government.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,095
    A federal law requiring states to recognize one another;s gun laws is a unconstitutional infringement on state rights.

    And I'm sure that it would be saddled with provisos, requirements, licensing schemes, restrictions, minimum requirements, CELO sign off requirements, restrictions on type of gun, what type of holster, etc. etc. etc.

    Never going to happen. If it does, the first federal court to hear a case on it will strike it down.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    A federal law requiring states to recognize one another;s gun laws is a unconstitutional infringement on state rights.

    And I'm sure that it would be saddled with provisos, requirements, licensing schemes, restrictions, minimum requirements, CELO sign off requirements, restrictions on type of gun, what type of holster, etc. etc. etc.

    Never going to happen. If it does, the first federal court to hear a case on it will strike it down.
    The best solution is just to eliminate the stupid gun laws prohibiting/regulating carry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •