• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New sheriff?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Thank you!

Sounds good so far. I especially liked his viewpoints on officer-involved shootings and calling handgun registration unconstitutional and freedom-robbing.

Is he electable? By that I mean: does he stand a chance in hell with enough money and skills to overcome the establishment's strong bias?

Jeannette

From what I understand he doesn't have the financial backing right now. That's why you probably haven't seen his name around town. But I do believe he put himself on the ballot.

Jeannette

From my dealings with him I like the man. I think he he's very sincere in his pionts that he wants to fix.

The only thing is that I never really had day to day dealings with him. We were in seperate departments so most of my interactions with him was in passing. So I don't really know his work ethics.

Maybe I should set up a meet and greet with him?

Jeannette

So I spoke with Bill Roman and would love to do a meet and greet with everyone. The only day he will be unavailable is on May 15th. I would love suggestions on where this meet and greet can take place.

gonefishn

Clark County certainly could use a good sheriff. Maybe Bill Roman has a suggestion on where he would like to meet everyone?

The Big Guy

Clark County certainly could use a good sheriff. Maybe Bill Roman has a suggestion on where he would like to meet everyone?

I certainly would like to meet him if time allows. I'm trying to get my house ready to sell amongst other things going on right now. I don't have any suggestions where at this point.

TBG

Jeannette

I reached out to Bill and is just waiting for a response. I know that he just finished a debate with the other 7 candidates. I will post as soon as I have a reply with Bill.

Jeannette

Bill Roman has agreed to a meet and greet tomorrow at 4PM at a nice park like setting off of Decatur north past Elkhorn to Farm Road. Left on Farm. Take the second left which is Raging River Street. The park is straight ahead with no red curbs.

gonefishn

Im in, but not sure of the location. The second left off FARM would be Bradley Rd, unless you are talking about turning into a gated community which may require a gate code?

MaxPower

Bill Roman has agreed to a meet and greet tomorrow at 4PM at a nice park like setting off of Decatur north past Elkhorn to Farm Road. Left on Farm. Take the second left which is Raging River Street. The park is straight ahead with no red curbs.

Im in, but not sure of the location. The second left off FARM would be Bradley Rd, unless you are talking about turning into a gated community which may require a gate code?

gonefishn has made a good point. I just looked up Raging River Street on Google Maps, and using satellite view this is definitely a gated community.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I Googled "Raging River Street" and got a good map of the park's location. There are two small streets (on the map anyway) before you get to Bradley.

I should be able to make it. I have a NLV job just prior to it.

EDIT: Looks like I posted while MaxPower was. I didn't get the imagery to see the gate.

Last edited:

z28power

Dang. That is really far and during business hours for me - I won't be able to make it.

Let me know how it goes! I'd like to know his ideas for working out the budget and overspending - we keep getting requests for tax hikes to pay for the police, but the larger population should be covering hte additional cost of police personnel. Additionally, I would like to know his stance on enforcement of Blue Cards, and where he weighs in on clark county parks. I know they are their own police department, but as sheriff, surely his opinion on this matters. Lastly, what about his stance on current use of force policies? We know metro has had issues with this in recent past.

:)

If somebody's look for some questions, that should give a few talking points/ideas! :)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Helluva nice guy. I made it there and got to talk with him for almost an hour before I had to run to another job on the other side of town. He is very pro-gun; I don't think a candidate could be more pro-gun. He is expecting an A+ rating from the NRA. He said his view of the 2nd Amendment was that you 'walk into a gun shop, buy a gun, put it in your pocket, and leave.'

He is on record as 'hating the blue card' program. If elected, he will work with the county commission to drop the program, and reserves the power to defund the enforcement if they don't. I expect the commission would drop the program without the fight to keep it from the current regime anyway.

He did ask if we ever get issues with our open carry, and he is not an open carrier. But he does carry. His ignorance about open carry is probably because his CCW permits were taught by Discount Firearms and The Gun Store, and he is a regular listener of Bob Irwin's radio show. He does acknowledge that Irwin is a Gillespie fan, so he does have his reservations about him.

He also doesn't care about the police union. He won't let them influence his decisions, nor would he have an official paid liaison to deal with them. That would be good for us, of course, but I don't know how good that will be for him!

He is very vocal about police abuse, corruption, and officer-involved shootings.

He is not a cop, unlike most of the candidates. He says we haven't had a sheriff since the 30's who wasn't a prior cop.

He says his debates are on YouTube, but I've not had the time to look them up yet. Seems most of them have been very limited-time formats so far, though he has good anecdotes from several.

He acknowledges that Lombardo is untouchable through the primaries, and that Moody and Burns are the top competition to beat for the second spot in the general election. He respects Burns as a nice guy.

And I got to meet the very lovely Jeannette. Y'all missed out.

Last edited: