Thread: Carrying in a vehicle

Carrying in a vehicle

When open carrying, what do you folks do when you get in your car? Leave your weapon in the holster? Lay the weapon on the adjacent seat?

1. The search function at the top will get you several threads about this very subject.
    2. Welcome to OCDO in Fayetteville.
    3. My routine: Get in the vehicle, secure the seat belt, start up, and drive away. Nothing special here. I do not remove the gun from the holster. Suggestions will be: a holster jammed between the seats, or seat and console; in a holster attached to the passenger seat; a holster attached to the dash or console; laying on the seat/console/dash; have the sweet thing in the passenger seat hold it on her lap, or have her drive and you hold it on your lap. If you simply lay it on a surface it stands a chance of becoming a missile during an accident or other unplanned event.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx
    refer to section IIID (thank member Solus for this link)

Enjoy, and we'll see you out and about.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 04-25-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    1. The search function at the top will get you several threads about this very subject.
    2. Welcome to OCDO in Fayetteville.
    3. My routine: Get in the vehicle, secure the seat belt, start up, and drive away. Nothing special here. I do not remove the gun from the holster. Suggestions will be: a holster jammed between the seats, or seat and console; in a holster attached to the passenger seat; a holster attached to the dash or console; laying on the seat/console/dash; have the sweet thing in the passenger seat hold it on her lap, or have her drive and you hold it on your lap. If you simply lay it on a surface it stands a chance of becoming a missile during an accident or other unplanned event.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx
    refer to section IIID (thank member Solus for this link)

Enjoy, and we'll see you out and about.
    Holstered it is. Thanks.