• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in a vehicle

325rto

When open carrying, what do you folks do when you get in your car? Leave your weapon in the holster? Lay the weapon on the adjacent seat?

bc.cruiser

1. The search function at the top will get you several threads about this very subject.
2. Welcome to OCDO in Fayetteville.
3. My routine: Get in the vehicle, secure the seat belt, start up, and drive away. Nothing special here. I do not remove the gun from the holster. Suggestions will be: a holster jammed between the seats, or seat and console; in a holster attached to the passenger seat; a holster attached to the dash or console; laying on the seat/console/dash; have the sweet thing in the passenger seat hold it on her lap, or have her drive and you hold it on your lap:lol:. If you simply lay it on a surface it stands a chance of becoming a missile during an accident or other unplanned event.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx
refer to section IIID (thank member Solus for this link)

Enjoy, and we'll see you out and about.

Last edited:

325rto

1. The search function at the top will get you several threads about this very subject.
2. Welcome to OCDO in Fayetteville.
3. My routine: Get in the vehicle, secure the seat belt, start up, and drive away. Nothing special here. I do not remove the gun from the holster. Suggestions will be: a holster jammed between the seats, or seat and console; in a holster attached to the passenger seat; a holster attached to the dash or console; laying on the seat/console/dash; have the sweet thing in the passenger seat hold it on her lap, or have her drive and you hold it on your lap:lol:. If you simply lay it on a surface it stands a chance of becoming a missile during an accident or other unplanned event.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx
refer to section IIID (thank member Solus for this link)

Enjoy, and we'll see you out and about.

Holstered it is. Thanks.